Give a name to your belly

Like many have said.....The Beast! When hungry it growls loud enough for others to hear. It is never satisfied. It is always in control. And does not matter where I go or what I do it always lets its presence known.
6 years

Belly jiggling when walking

The best is when your belly graduates from a jiggle to a sway when you walk.
6 years

Daily "i'm fat" reminders

When I'm late to a dinner with co workers and they already requested a table instead of a booth for my "comfort".
6 years

Avoiding heart burn/acid reflux?

I found walking a little and digesting before bed helps. Also if you do sleep on a really full stomach I found not sleeping flat on my back helped.
6 years

What's it like being fat?

The best advice I can give is you need to have a thick skin especially in the beginning. If you are starting thin be prepared for comments a lot of them not all them will be tactful. I think this is one of the most important thing feeders/gainers don't think about. Reactions especially from those close to you will challenge and may even make you question your commitment to gain. I know in my own journey I had set backs because of this. It was not till in my 30s that I was finally in the right place to fully commit. That is when the pounds really piled on. My advice before you start ask yourself: is this what I really want? I'm I financially ready ( lot of food, new clothes. I'm I dependent on a spouse or parents that will cut me off to lose weight?) I'm in a good place? (your not in the military or firefighter that will derail your gaining efforts and possible career) How do I plan to respond when co workers/friends/family start noticing? I'm I ready to embrace life as a fat person ? ( this is one of those kinks/fetsish that becomes a life style. I go bed every night as a fat person. I cant take off my huge 60' belly because today I decide I want to ride a roller coaster. Also as I and many found out you may have a goal weight but may not voluntarily be able to stop gaining.)

As for the pros they are mostly intrinsic. You don't get a lot of high fives for being really fat in every day life. I have never felt more confident, comfortable in the body I am sporting now. Of course I welcome new pounds.

Good luck!
7 years

Fave fattening foods

I'm on a Mac and Cheese kick right now. Always order it when I'm out. When traveling it's not uncommon for me to have it from more than one restaurant in one day.
7 years

Family questions about weight gain?

When I first started gaining it was some of my toughest years. I went from about 150 to little over 200. Everyone shared an opinion in their own way. Classmates and colleagues were little subtle " do you still run? Still Go to the gym? " that sort of thing. My friends both male and female were the opposite. I was called out more in public. "What's up with that ( pointing to my belly)". Others would loudly question whether I should " eat that " ? My family was and is still the most brutal. Between 230-260 every one accepted me as a "big guy". When I got over 300 the cycle repeated. I had some health stuff that resulted in some weight loss. Those same folks acted as if I had found Jesus and was saved. Funny how that works lol.
7 years

First pubic fat shaming :(

I also don't remember my first shaming but there are others that stand out. I have been made a cautionary example in public on more than one occasion. I remember being in a grocery store and a mother whispering to her small children (knowingly loud enough for me to hear) "If you keep eating sweets your going to get a belly like that man." O yeah! Have had my share of public shaming.
7 years

Shirts off at the beach?

The funny thing is when I was younger and a good almost 100 pounds lighter. I remember feeling super self conscious and could not get my shirt on fast enough at the beach. Now that my 20's are history I don't give a flying you know what people think. I can't get my shirt off fast enough at the pool or beach. Earlier this year I was in the Caribbean I was at the swim up bar surrounded by extremely fit and ripped people. I held my own and did not retreat. I even made few lady friends. There is something to say about self confidence.
7 years
23456   loading