How many slices of pizza can you eat?

A large pizza from Dominoes or Pizza Hut quite easily, if I don't have sides.
6 years

Maintaining interest when gaining alone

It's only in the last year that I've lost the idea of ever losing/maintaining weight willingly/intentionally.

Thanks to work and uni I was in positions where eating junk food became regular/mandatory occurrences so weight gain was inevitable since I never exercise (the closest thing being my job itself).

So in my case it can be argued I was pushed into gaining weight and I'm merely accepting/enjoying it where as others might panic.

That said, you may find this useful:
askdrfeeder.dyndns.org/dtgf.html
6 years

What do you like about gaining?

Right now:
1) Being able to enjoy eating without worrying about consequences (clothes aside)
2) Watching my stomach slowly expand and develop an overhang.
6 years

How long do you save clothes that don't fit?

In the past, some were kept longer because my parents believed 'I might lose the weight' (oh dear).

For now at least it's when I need the space/have the time.
6 years

Acne from weight gain?

What causes acne is pores getting blocked and can happen through various reasons e.g. sweat.

Easiest way to counter this is to keep your face clean, may be getting some cleaning cream.
6 years

Poor.

Changing habits might help e.g. when you eat.
7 years

Family and relatives opinion about your weight

Last week I received a comment from my mum (who is concerned about her own weight) about how she can see me gaining allot of weight due to various circumstances and how it's hard to lose.

I just told her I'm ok with it and I'm hoping that constant reassurance will prevent any significant issues down the line.

That said, I did already have an argument with her a few weeks back because I kept wanting some mini sausage rolls, turns out she was concerned because she took it as a symptom of something so again I had to reassure her I was fine and apologized for liking her food (for the record, I didn't actually eat that much, I was just constantly getting small portions).

The only people who really concern me are my brothers because I see them so infrequently and they're more fitness concerned (ones a PT in the army and they're both muscular) and I'm sure they'll b**** behind my back to our mum.

Again I'm hoping my circumstances and constant reassurance will try and reduce any issues.
7 years

Anyone ever feel ambivalent about gaining weight?

AskDrFeeder:

AskDrFeeder:
Like they say in old cowboy movies: "Let's head 'em off at the pass!"

Head them off at the pass? I hate that cliche smiley .
7 years

SundaeMorning:
I hope you can find that inner "zen" and discover what makes you happy though!

Thanks, I hope things also continue to go well for you "zen" wise.
7 years

AskDrFeeder:
From my observations:

1. Usually people care less and less about what their families think as they get older;

2. Sounds like you're conflicted; there are some things you like about gaining and some things you don't. "Deciding to Get Fat" may help: askdrfeeder.dyndns.org/dtgf.html

Thanks.

I think I'm becoming more comfortable thinking about it now.

The way I'm looking at it, if I'm going to get fat anyway might as well enjoy it like I've always wanted. I've started to also 'joke' with people about how I'm also bound to gain weight and they know I'm going to be rather sedate and eating allot of junk food (one of the things I like about having an excuse).

Still, it will be interesting to hear what others have to say if they've been in a similar position.
7 years