Butter eatting

For the vast majority of human evolution, fat was the hardest of the three basic nutrients to acquire (the others being protein and carbohydrates). Thus, our bodies are hard-wired to maximize fat consumption.

Ironically, 'pure' fats are not particularly fattening. While they are extremely calorie dense, they are also extremely filling (again because we evolved to need as little of it as possible). To maximize fat accumulation, you should consume fats and carbs equally while avoiding excessive protein.

Unfortunately, carb-fat "diets" are so effective at inducing weight gain in part because they wreak havoc on your endocrine system, which can lead to diabetes and other metabolic disorders in many people if relied upon as a long-term lifestyle.

But that's enough of that stuff.

Good luck with your gaining goals!
12 years

Fattest of your friends/family

Easily the fattest of my close family by at least 50 pounds, and I'm several inches shorter than most of the other men. I do have a female cousin who's put on a lot of weight recently, but she's still no match for me.

I did have a distant uncle who was almost certainly over 400, but I only met him a couple times before he passed away from diabetic complications a few years back.

My best friend probably has about 30 pounds over me, but he's also like 4 or 5 inches taller, so it evens out.
12 years

I did it!

Congratulations! Take your time and enjoy the journey, however far it takes you.

As far as the seeming contradictions go, a lot of gainers feel the same sort of conflictedness at first. But if you're like a lot of us, I think, as you grow you'll notice that from your perspective you won't be getting fatter half so much as everyone else seems to be getting thinner.

When I was 150, 200 seemed huge, but when I hit 200 I barely felt any different at all. Only everyone else didn't look nearly as fat as they used to. Same with 200 to 250. It's only now that I've passed 250 and my belly is actually starting to get in the way of some things that I've really started to feel fat again at all.

It's funny. I can look in the mirror and see tits and a hang and back rolls that I know I didn't have even 30 pounds ago, but apart from my face (and even that I'm getting used to) I don't see myself as any more fat than I was 50 or even a hundred pounds ago. I can look at pictures of 200lb men and women that I used to see as huge, but now they barely seem overweight at all. And while a 400lb ssbbw once seemed like an exotic rarity, it now seems like perfectly normal, unextraordinary size for a person be.
12 years

Just started to be a gainer

Obviously, don't do anything you aren't comfortable with. That said, if you are looking for support and encouragement, I've found the community here to be overwhelmingly supportive. smiley
12 years

Good bye diet!!!

Congrats!

And definitely keep up the gym membership. The vast majority of obesity-related health problems are more do to lack of fitness than the fat itself. 15-20 minutes of moderate cardio 2 times a week will keep you active and keep your heart, lungs and endocrine system healthy and balanced. Plus you'll be able to eat even more delicious food than you would otherwise! smiley
12 years

Whats your favorite movie...

90's?

Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead
Pulp Fiction
Leon (The Professional)
Silence of the Lambs
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Forrest Gump
The Matrix (extreme overexposure and poor sequels aside, a nonetheless great movie in its own right)

Also, Aladdin and Lion King, as they basically were my childhood. smiley
12 years

Keirsey personality test

FYI, this test is completely equivalent to the Meyers-Briggs Personality Typing system, for which there are hundreds of free tests (of varying quality) as well as analyses on the net.

I always score very heavily INTP (Architect), which fits me pretty much 99% of the time: chronically pedantic, obsessed with parallels and inconsistencies, incompatible with small talk, and socially withdrawn except for one or two extremely close friends.
12 years

Do you prefer bellies hairy, hairless, or in-between?

Digging the hair love in here. I am fairly hairy all over, and fighting it tends to be an exercise in futility. I'd much rather just be happy with the way I naturally am and find someone who does too.

(Not that I wouldn't be willing to do some basic maintenance, but not even a 24hr team of wax professionals could keep me completely smooth, lol)
12 years

Do any men want to be immobile

As a fantasy, yes. Period.

In reality I think, as others here have said, that for me it would be more an issue of feasibility than desire. Most of my personal ambitions revolve around writing, so as long as I could still use a computer in some way, immobility wouldn't be an issue there. Hygiene and toilet logistics are obviously a major concern, but necessity is the mother of invention and I'm sure that could be satisfactorily worked out. The real problem is that of finding the right partner, as it would be a project requiring near mythic levels of love and dedication, on both sides.

And money. Lots and lots of money. Realistically, neither person could work outside the home or for very many hours per week, and food alone would almost certainly be a 4-figure monthly expenditure at minimum.
12 years

Prefered weight

Currently hovering between 260-265. Right now I'm trying to shore up my fitness a bit before going much higher, but I'd really like to get over 300, if only to experience it for a while. Then again, if I made it to 330 I'd officially be "super obese" with a BMI of 50. Then it would just be 20 more pounds to 350, at which point I'd be in spitting distance of 380 which would likely put me in the 60-60 club (BMI and waist circumference), and so on...
12 years
2345   loading