Fat experiences

It hurts to walk

I’m not even that fat yet, nor as big as I was at my fattest yet, but over the last few months I’ve been experiencing foot pain that has just gotten worse and worse. My lower back is sore, my thighs are sore, my calves are sore, and every step I take comes with an intense stabbing sensation in my heels.
5 years

It hurts to walk

Went to the doctor, it’s plantar’s fasciitis so I’ve got some otc inserts for it and that’s helping some but I’m going to at some point have to go to a podiatrist and have customer soles molded.
5 years

It hurts to walk

Did you start at a pretty light weight?

When my wife quickly went from 100 to 170lbs, that weight was enough to cause some minor tear in her arch and be diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. She was then on crutches and prednisone which caused even more weight to pile on. So now she's always having foot/swelling issues if she "pushes herself" as she gets bigger.

Unlike muscle, tendons are like cartilage: they grow very slowly.

You don't need to be 375lbs. Hitting around 200 is when my wife started accepting "yeah, the whole walking and stairs thing isn't really for me any more." Amusement parks & zoos can be a real challenge. I think it's hot. But I was pleasantly surprised how early that hit in her gain.
4 years

It hurts to walk

SahX:
Is your wife is of small or taller built?

Small, 5'3". And pretty dainty – well, was.
4 years

It hurts to walk

The first time it hit her was around 170'ish and my health-nut dad visited us from out of state. We went to a museum the next day. Not only was my dad taken aback by her weight, but at the museum she was basically walking to seek the next place to sit while we looked at the exhibits.

Then halfway, she through in the towel that 'her feet hurt' and was going to stay behind. I was stunned "really?". So the rest of us ended up walking the day without her. I was fully expecting my dad to confront me about her weight.

When we returned for her, there was a whole gang of really obese women all sitting with her, drinking sodas, probably dealing with the same issue.
4 years

It hurts to walk

200lb coworker on my wife's team started running at their company gym 2 weeks ago to lose weight. She's already in a boot: plantar fasciitis.
4 years