Gaining

If you're getting fat, there is no way back? or it's not true?

I don't have any hard data, but it seems to me the ones who go out of control are those who stuff to the absolute maximum once a week or more. Even if they stop stuffing like that they keep gaining without trying.
4 years

AskDrFeeder:
I don't have any hard data, but it seems to me the ones who go out of control are those who stuff to the absolute maximum once a week or more. Even if they stop stuffing like that they keep gaining without trying.

looker:
Uh-oh...

Ha! Unfortunately, for some, stuffing like that is the best part of feedism.
4 years

This really is just about motivation (as someone stated before in a comment).

You are able to lose the weight. Even if you get really fat. It just takes a lot of work and effort, you need to take up new healthy habits and exercise (depending on how much you wanna lose and in how much time, this can vary). But yes, it is possible.
4 years

There’s definitely a way back, but like the people before this post had mentioned it’s much harder and takes more effort to loose.

I’ve done both, I intentionally gained over 100lbs, then lost 80 due to me struggling with some life things.

I’m on the way back up, in the end it’s what YOU want. There’s a way back on both sides.
4 years

Boku:
It’s not that there’s NO way back, it just can be increasingly difficult the fatter you get. Personally I was able to lose 10-15 easy when I was under 200. However being 210 now, it is noticeably harder to lose weight even when trying. I think that point where it becomes difficult is different for everyone. But increased appetite, lack of exercise and metabolism plays a large part in gaining or losing weight.

I would like to add also , the older you get the harder it is to lose (metabolism) Even if you were motivated to lose the weight, you would still be flabby from the stretched loose skin.
4 years

I'll echo what others said. It gets harder as you gain more. I think thats partly because of how your lifestyle changes.
You get used to eating and laying around.
It takes a lot of effort to change that around.
-
I would be concerned about all the extra skin flopping around if weight loss was extreme.
4 years

Remember, that your weight is different from your fat. When you gain, once you gain a certain amount, your fat cells get "full" and your body makes more fat cells.

When you lose, the fat cells get smaller, but you do not lose any of them. In a sense you remain "fatter" even as you lose weight. You will always have to limit calories and/or burn extra calories in some combination to avoid gaining the weight back because your body wants to restore all those shrunken fat cells to normal size.

So in a certain sense, getting fatter is a one way street and your body considers any lose of weight starvation because those fat cells are shrunken.

The exception is within the "normal size" range of the fat cells. Your weight can vary quite a bit, especially if you are fat, maybe +/-10% or something, while keeping your fat cells in the normal range.
4 years

fatchance:
Remember, that your weight is different from your fat. When you gain, once you gain a certain amount, your fat cells get "full" and your body makes more fat cells.

When you lose, the fat cells get smaller, but you do not lose any of them. In a sense you remain "fatter" even as you lose weight. You will always have to limit calories and/or burn extra calories in some combination to avoid gaining the weight back because your body wants to restore all those shrunken fat cells to normal size.

So in a certain sense, getting fatter is a one way street and your body considers any lose of weight starvation because those fat cells are shrunken.

The exception is within the "normal size" range of the fat cells. Your weight can vary quite a bit, especially if you are fat, maybe +/-10% or something, while keeping your fat cells in the normal range.

But there aren't ways to destroy fat cells? I am sure that such a thing does exist
4 years

liposuction and other surgical procedures actually remove fat cells. Other than that, fat cells are forever.
4 years

fatchance:
liposuction and other surgical procedures actually remove fat cells. Other than that, fat cells are forever.

“Fat cells are forever”. That very much appeals to me submissively.
4 years
123   loading