Fat experiences

What were the first physical limatations as you got fatter?

I struggle getting socks and shoes on a bit these days. That’s about it.
2 years

New one! I keep pulling my back trying to get out of bed. It's definitely an annoying one, at that.
2 years

Photofatty:
Surprisingly the first thing I really noticed was not being able to use chairs that had arm rests.

Sitting in a highschool or college auditorium was both a turn on and a nightmare. Squeezing down into this tiny seat only to have your belly resting above the arms of the seat. Plus not being able to write on the flip out desk and have to use a notebook on your leg or belly as you desk.

here_we_go_again:
Yeah I’m so glad we don’t have that kind of seating in Australian schools. I would’ve been screwed lol.

Yes! When I was in high school I was about 280and all of this was a problem. Lol. But now well over 400. Stairs, booths, bed frames, lawn furniture, hills, long walks, cheap furniture period, picking things up off the ground, getting up off the ground, up off the couch, out of bed,and getting in the truck are starting to become difficult. And I love it lol.
2 years

I hardly fit in public toilet cubicles anymore
2 years

Most of my weight goes to my belly, so bending over is very hard. Can't tie shoes, clip my nails, and putting on socks is a huge struggle. I've got myself a grabber/extended claw at home just to pick stuff off the floor.
Last time I went to an amusement park I was going on a ride where you pull down a harness/bar from above and buckle it between your legs. One of the workers had to physically push it down to fit over my belly 🙈
Many chairs are becoming snug, and a lot of booths are just a complete no-no.
Just reaching parts of my own body, not just my feet, is an issue. My sideboobs and upper arms have both gotten so big and soft they push off against each other making it harder to reach anywhere below my navel 😅
2 years

FreshmanFifty:
I’m an artist and when I draw I usually hunch over and in the past year I found out that some desks will just slowly get pushed away because of my weight and my belly in the way. Also sitting without spreading your legs is still possible but you have to actively squeeze them together and it’s uncomfy

Omg, yes! I was gonna make a drawing on A3 paper, the customer wanted it vertical, and I could barely reach over my belly to draw. My desk is up against the wall, so at least it can't be pushed back 😅
2 years

Realizing I couldn't fit into some booths when I went out to eat 🤭
2 years

Bending all the way over.
I lost a lot of flexibility because I could exerize when I first killed my ankle.
Now with losing flexibility and my gut, Its really hard to put on shoes.

Not sue if this is a limitation but...
The whole clothes thing was limiting in that i didnt want to go out after about 30+ lbs gained

nothing fit and my work was scaled back so i didnt have money to buy new clothes.
even had to give um my membership to this site.
2 years

Tying one’s shoes is definitely the biggest hardship when the waistline belly (like mine) gets larger :-)
2 years

Tying one’s shoes is definitely the biggest hardship when the waistline belly (like mine) gets larger :-)
2 years
123   loading