Fat experiences

The first time that you were referred to as " being overweight ".

What was your first experience of being referred to as "being overweight".
In my case, I was told that I looked as though I had been eating well.
I was soon told that I had a " dad bod".
2 years

Ive always been ☺️ doctors always said to be careful because I was going to be more and more overweight, and they were right because I am morbidly obese now ahah
2 years

I killed my ankle near the beginning of covid.
Every time I went to the doctor I gained a little.
The nurse who weighed me raised an eyebrow when she wrote down my weight on the chart. I could tell why. I asked how much and she said 27.
She didn't tell me my weight. Just what I had gained.
I cried
2 years

karenjenk:
I killed my ankle near the beginning of covid.
Every time I went to the doctor I gained a little.
The nurse who weighed me raised an eyebrow when she wrote down my weight on the chart. I could tell why. I asked how much and she said 27.
She didn't tell me my weight. Just what I had gained.
I cried

Plenty of support here :-) You’ll get more kudos than before!
2 years

I was a chunky kid, and I remember being called "fatty, fatty, 2x4" in kindergarten or grade one.

As far as a more clinical "overweight" comment I think it was a dermatologist that I saw for my severe acne when I was 17, who seemed convinced that I ate a lot of high fat food and told me that I was too heavy and should lose some weight (I was all of 170 pounds at 5'8", which would just barely be in the overweight band by BMI). She prescribed a drug that helped anyway, but every visit she'd ask me how my diet was going, when I'd never actually agreed to diet nor made the slightest change in my eating.
2 years

I was a fat kid, my parents mentioned it, but friends never said anything, except a kid I did judo with who insisted on calling me fat bum
2 years

well before puberty fully hit i was chubby, my mom said at a water park i ha a spare tire around my middle.. Yet i thinned out n stayed thin til 2019, yet then let my self go now she told me i have a dad bod..
2 years

When I was around 14, this was the first time I was considered overweight. At that time I was forced to lose weight unfortunately, but even back then I wanted to be fatter. My doctors never said out loud that I should lose weight until I started going to a endocrinologist in 2020 to start transitioning. Now pretty much every time I go back to see my endo, she asks how my diet is going. In her eyes it would be poor but in mine I feel like I just gotta keep eating more junk.
2 years

Most of my clothes as an adolescent were considered in "husky" sizes. I gained at university and lost weight soon after and kept the weight off in the military reserves for twenty five year, now I'm 230 lbs. at 71 inches, BMI in the mid-thirties, clinically obese now.
2 years

It was during my freshman year in high school. The open campus lunch policy and the nearby fast food restaurants made in easy to gain weight. A couple of months later it began to show. And that's when I was called overweight for the first time.
2 years