General

Surprising lack of australians-

It is a pity that there aren't more, but our population is kinda small compared to the UK and very small compared to the US, so is it really that surprising?
2 years

Danimal:
It is a pity that there aren't more, but our population is kinda small compared to the UK and very small compared to the US, so is it really that surprising?

Like you I very much wish there was more of an Aussie community 😪
2 years

I am Australian as well and live in Australia, and I find it sad and frustrating with the lack of aussies here. Meaning the chances of an aussie finding another aussie to feed or be fed is extremely low.
2 years

I know back in 2008 we once -barely- beat out the US obesity wise in percentages (26% adult obesity compared to the US's 25% - source: smh.com.au/lifestyle/health-and-wellness/australia-pips-us-as-worlds-fattest-nation-20080620-gdsiqi.html ) and since then we're now at around 29% though we've dropped in rankings (source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_obesity_rate ) compared to a number of other countries so you think there'd be more of us here, but that's not the case.

Along with what Danimal said about us having a small population, I always figured it could possibly be to do with us having a strong sporting culture (thus a focus on exercise) along with a big beach culture where people show their bodies off thus more pressure to keep more trim. But that's just a guess anyway and it could be any reason really. There's never been a whole lot of us on here over the years.
2 years

there are probably a few reasons in addition to what has already been said to explain why aussies are a rare find here:

* australian culture is very fatphobic, as is australian media
* weight loss surgery has become popular and is pushed on people as the answer to being overweight/obese by GPs
* amongst the overweight/obese population it's still a small percentage that are comfortable and happy being bigger, and an even smaller percentage of them that are into the kink/fetish side of it

add to that the fact not every australian here is actively looking to partner up with someone and it's not really that surprising how few of us are active here.
2 years

Yeah I know what you mean, I live in VIC but about an hours drive from the main city which is where everyone else lives : ( .

Also I don’t drive.
2 years

I don’t know if FF does any targeted advertising but there might be a lot of closeted FA people there who would love to discover this site
2 years

And if there are ones out there, you will really only find them in the major sites sadly...
2 years

Oh, there are people who are often only an hour away from me, I've had that several times over the years while living in different places..

But trying to get any sort of response from them by message is like pulling teeth.

Like I don't care if someone's not interested, but damn, have the courtesy to respond and say that, but if their profile doesn't say if they are gay, straight, bi etc and they point blank don't engage in any way.. Just plain rude.

So basically, either most people who say they are 'feeders' aren't, or they're too flakey for words, or they are just plain rude.

Either way, basically I kinda give up. Found too many like that here and other sites.

🙄🤷
2 years

Any ideas how we might encourage more Aussies to come here?
2 years
123   loading