Gaining

How to quickly gain 10 lbs

How do you quickly gain 10 lbs? My gf said that my weight suits me and that I should put on more weight / body fat. I asked her how much and she said 10 lbs. I think that she didn’t want to give me a number to scare me off.

CW: 185
GW: 195
2 years

Heavy whipping cream. It really does work wonders. For more details, search for the posts I have made in the Gaining section of the forum. I've been experimenting with heavy whipping cream for years, and finally have a regimen that is optimal for my body. You might find information in there that will help you.
2 years

If I do half of your cycle I would gain 10 lbs in two weeks. You must see change every other day on your body.

I’ll see how I feel at 195 lbs and go even more from there if my gf likes it ( me too of course I just think that she’s trying to not scare me by saying gain 10 lbs up 195 lbs )

I’m like you, I’m a hard gainer. It was really hard to put on weight.
2 years

This is probably just me, but going to 195 would drive me crazy. 200 is a round number (no pun intended). Would you consider going for that if you like the added 10 pounds?
2 years

That number drives me crazy too. If I like the extra 10 lbs I’ll go for 200 lbs or more.
2 years

Poet2:
If I do half of your cycle I would gain 10 lbs in two weeks. You must see change every other day on your body.

I’ll see how I feel at 195 lbs and go even more from there if my gf likes it ( me too of course I just think that she’s trying to not scare me by saying gain 10 lbs up 195 lbs )

I’m like you, I’m a hard gainer. It was really hard to put on weight.

Beware, using heavy cream there’s a good chance you’ll blow right past 195 😁
2 years

So far I bought 5 475 ml containers of Whipping Cream.

I drank one container before going to bed. I was worried about what it would taste like and it’s not bad at all. I didn’t feel queasy from it. I’m not worried now about how it will go down. I found it fairly easy to drink like a glass of milk.

The plan is to have 1 container every day before going to bed for 2 weeks.

From reading what others have said YMMV in regards to when you start putting on weight. It could be a couple of days to a delayed effect where it shows up in a couple of weeks.

I’ll see what the results are in two weeks and if I still don’t gain weight I’ll do it for another 2 weeks but not more than 4 weeks in total.

Like a previous poster said, I’m a hard gainer. When I started this journey I was around 136 lbs. I hit a plateau when I got to 170 lbs and was there for two years or so.

Pizza is what helped me get past that plateau. At least once a week for the past two months I’ve been having a medium to large pizza to myself. My gf has been suggesting pizza more often and will order a pie for me.

I’m getting sick of pizza though. This way it’s easier to drink the calories than stuffing myself.
2 years

Here are my recommendations, with my rationale for each. Hope this will be helpful not just to you but to others as well.

First, make certain that what you're buying is indeed *Heavy* Whipping Cream. If in doubt, check the calories. There is also a product sold as "Whipping Cream" and they are, of course, completely different. You want to make sure you're getting the good (fat) stuff. There have been others on here that accidentally bought the wrong product, and then wondered why they didn't get the results they expected. If dosed effectively and consistently, the heavy cream will work. When in doubt (which when just starting out, you should be always in doubt), always check the calorie count to make sure you're getting the right stuff.

Second, if available in your area, try to find slightly larger containers. Personally I went with the 1 liter (32oz) size because it was the most economical and was straightforward to portion into 4 servings. Plus, each liter corresponds to just under 1lb of fat in terms of calories, making it quite straightforward to estimate the expected gain.

Third, though it is tempting, don't take in more than around 240ml (1 cup) at a time. 240ml of heavy cream contains about 820 calories almost entirely from fat, which is quickly approaching the maximum amount your body will be able to effectively absorb (about 100-120g of fat in a sitting). Some can take more than that in at a time without apparent digestive issues, but it doesn't mean they are getting everything they should out of it. Just because you don't have heartburn, gas, etc, doesn't mean your body is doing a good job of using what you drink.

My recommendation is to drink 240ml in the morning and 240ml in the evening, approximately 12 hours apart. Sure, you could chug half a liter in a single sitting, but your body simply is not going to absorb that in the same way and your chance of digestive discomfort goes up.

Now, let's say you follow the 2x240ml recommendation each day. How many pounds per week can you expect? Well, based on the calorie count while correcting for some minor metabolic losses, that comes out to about 3.2lb of fat per week. If you do this for 3 weeks, you'll be sitting just under 10lb. Do it for another week, you'll get another 3lbs. You probably don't want to move much faster than that pace anyway, just in the name of not getting stretchmarks everywhere, lol.

It was my experience that once I had exited the heavy cream cycle and let my body stabilize for a few days, the gains from heavy cream settled out very closely to what I expected. Everyone has a slightly different experience though, and I think dairy-fat nature of heavy cream means that your existing visceral fat stores play a role in how the gain goes as well.

Best of luck.
2 years

RobHutt: always check the calorie count to make sure you're getting the right stuff.

Upon your advice I checked and it’s almost 1500 calories at 16oz.

RobHutt: Everyone has a slightly different experience though, and I think dairy-fat nature of heavy cream means that your existing visceral fat stores play a role in how the gain goes as well.

Thanks for the instructions.

I’m in day 3 of 21 days and consumed 3, 16 oz containers at almost 1500 calories. I consumed a medium pizza to myself last night then drank a container et before going to bed. My weight is the same but I feel like my lower belly and my love handles are heftier well as my butt.
2 years