Gaining

Over the hump

Many feedees are conflicted when they first start, but feel less so after they've gained enough that they're "over the hump". After they gain 30 pounds or so they enjoy gaining more and fear it less and any doubts go away.

Has this happened to you? If so, what was your starting weight and at what weight were you over the hump?

If you have not gotten over the hump, do you expect to? Or hope to?
2 years

Over the hump

I have gained 45 lbs but I am not over the hump. Maybe it works this way when you start with a higher weight though.

Would love to read how it is for others!
2 years

Over the hump

AnorexicPretty:
I have gained 45 lbs but I am not over the hump.

Are you at all less conflicted than when you started? Or do you at least enjoy eating more?
2 years

Over the hump

AnorexicPretty:
I have gained 45 lbs but I am not over the hump.

AskDrFeeder:
Are you at all less conflicted than when you started? Or do you at least enjoy eating more?

I would say I am similarly conflicted, not less, not more. I do enjoy eating more though and I really enjoy the benefits of having a somewhat bigger body.
2 years

Over the hump

my hump has been an Everest

Living so long looking fit and atheltic and then to this in about 2 years.
how will i ever get over this.
but
it comes in waves.
sometimes i accept this and let go for a while
then other times. i tell myself that i can change back into who i was.
but
less and less... i mean i spend less time thinking about who i was before.
Im kind of afraid to 100% embrace this.
im glad that I have a BF who loves me how i am now.
2 years

Over the hump

Sometimes, yes. I don't think I'm entirely over the hump yet, but I'm less conflicted now than I was before.

Thoughts of "What am I doing to myself?" are being replaced with "This plateau is frustrating," or "I wish I wasn't full already," or "I need to be bigger, fatter, and have a larger appetite."

I'm not sure when I might get over the hump, but I think it'll happen at some point. Maybe in 30 lbs? Or 40-50+ lbs?

But I definitely like the changes so far, for the most part, even in spite of the fact that I've had to buy more clothes, or that I dislike shoelaces even more than I did before, not that I ever really liked them in the first place.

The only possible road block that I'm not entirely sure how to deal with yet, that still bothers me somewhat, are what my parents might say. They're a bit health-conscious and my father likes to workout fairly regularly and seems to almost hate sugar most of the time. My mother doesn't go to the gym and only engages in light activity, but eats very little and tends to focus more on so-called "healthy food" which tends to be either more expensive and/or lacking in calories and don't really seem to satisfy. I love them of course, but when they're around, the food is sad and disappointing and I don't usually feel satisfied. Although, this has also been a bit of an unknown so far.

So far, my mother hasn't said anything seriously negative. She kind of wishes I was a little more active, but nothing heavy or highly strenuous. Sometimes I wish I could too, but I feel like that costs a lot of time that sometimes, I feel like I can't spare.

The last time I saw my father, he actually said I need to lose some weight, but I think that was one of the rare times he talks about health things with me, and it was through text message since I guess he didn't want a face to face confrontation. Not sure how this will play out. I'm not actually that heavy yet (this is why I need to gain more), though perhaps he was shocked that I have much more of a gut than I used to at one time. He does have other family members who are fat, but he isn't close to them (this is not related to their physical size).

If I had to guess, he may not notice if my waistline expands a couple more inches, which at the very least, I'd like to do. But I can't help but think it might be worse or with more emphasis if I gain significantly more. At the same time, I don't really know what would happen.

I do know that in private conversation with me, when others can't hear, they often say negative anti-fat (or at least, anti-obese) comments. On the bright side, there have been "pleasantly plump" and even fat individuals they have respected for one reason or another, because they really are/were good people. So it could be worse.

But yeah, this is the only thing I really worry about. Or the possible flak I might get if one day, I bring a lady who's 300+ lbs, though assuming I love her enough, I'm sure I'd find a way to deal and I expect they would accept it.

I guess another hump I possibly foresee, but I can't be sure when it might happen, is if/when I start to develop a double-chin. That might cause me to reassess, but of course I won't know until I get there! Though, the thought of developing cellulite and back rolls, that doesn't seem to bother me. If anything, that would mean I'm doing something right. Kind of wish some more weight would have made it to my butt, but a lot of this is genetic to begin with.
2 years

Over the hump

karenjenk:
my hump has been an Everest

Living so long looking fit and atheltic and then to this in about 2 years.
how will i ever get over this.
but
it comes in waves.
sometimes i accept this and let go for a while
then other times. i tell myself that i can change back into who i was.
but
less and less... i mean i spend less time thinking about who i was before.
Im kind of afraid to 100% embrace this.
im glad that I have a BF who loves me how i am now.

Happy to hear you’ve found someone who accepts your new and growing size :-)
2 years

Over the hump

I find that I'm more conflicted now than when I started intentionally gaining. At 165lbs on my 5'10" frame people called me thin, weights less than that they asked if I was eating. I started intentionally gaining without reservation. Over the last two years I've loaded on 35lbs.
Nobody else has seemed to notice. I'm feeling a bit conscious about it as I am starting to see how it's affecting movement- change in my gait, not bending over as easily or as far before my belly gets squished, etc. I wonder if I should stop or maybe lose a little before I go too far. At the same time I want to stuffmyself and move up another size by fall.
2 years

Over the hump

AskDrFeeder:
Many feedees are conflicted when they first start, but feel less so after they've gained enough that they're "over the hump". After they gain 30 pounds or so they enjoy gaining more and fear it less and any doubts go away.

Has this happened to you? If so, what was your starting weight and at what weight were you over the hump?

If you have not gotten over the hump, do you expect to? Or hope to?

Yes, I did experience the hump. For me, it wasn't just about weight. It was also about location and time.

I started gaining with heavy whipping cream at 166 pounds. I definitely felt self-conscious at first, especially when friends and acquaintances mentioned things about my weight gain.

One thing that helped was location. I had moved away from my friends and family, and was basically living on my own in a new town. The people I mainly interacted with were my co-workers, and our office has high turnover.

Time was the other factor. Over time, my co-workers got used to me being fat. New employees simply knew me as a fat person from day one, so the shock over my weight gain decreased over time.

For me, personally, it took getting up to about 250 or 260 pounds for me to really see myself and accept myself as a fat person. From my perspective, it was as if there was no turning back. That was the last step that helped me get over the hump and fully enjoy gaining weight.
2 years

Over the hump

When I was 200-lbs., I thought that I was over the hump. Now that I'm fifty some pounds heavier, I'm not quite over the hump; but I'm getting there. I learned to accept myself as a fat person.
1 year
12   loading