Story authors

Question for autors or readers

Hi! I'm a beginner writer, (I do have experience with writing, just not actual novellas) and I had some preference questions.

For my stories, I got into the habit of making a preview of about three chapters and then publishing the full story with around 15/20 chapters, depending on how easy the writing comes. My question would be, what are your thoughts on these free samples? Do they actually entice you to read the full story? And to other authors, why do you also make these/not make these previews?

I'm still new as an author on FantasyFeeder, so I'm trying to learn to increase quality and reaching more readers.

Thanks!
1 year

I did previews and yep, it definitely helped get upgrade referrals. Off-site I also provide samples and excerpts.

However if you are going to offer previews, you must definitely show some of the "good stuff" or feedist action that you're asking the reader to pay for.
1 year

LoraDayton:
I did previews and yep, it definitely helped get upgrade referrals. Off-site I also provide samples and excerpts.

However if you are going to offer previews, you must definitely show some of the "good stuff" or feedist action that you're asking the reader to pay for.

Ah, good to know. Thanks!
1 year