General

Anyone else notice others (or themselves) unconsciously touching their bellies as they get bigge

My bf never had this mannerism before, but I've noticed now since he's started to get enough of a belly that it's starting to be visible even though his baggy shirts, when he's walking around doing stuff I'm constantly catching his hands idly brushing his tummy or coming to rest on it for a few moments. I find it so darn adorable! I almost don't want to say anything about it in case it would make him self conscious and do it less. I don't think it's something he's fully aware he's doing if that makes sense.
Was wondering if anyone else has noticed this in others as they've gained weight, or caught themselves doing it? I suppose maybe it's a little subconscious acknowledgement of the new weight one feels oneself carrying around? Like you're aware in the back of your mind there's something there now that didn't use to be, and you're trying to adjust to it. I love it.
10 months

Anyone else notice others (or themselves) unconsciously touching their bellies as they get bigge

Biffa:
Was wondering if anyone else has noticed this in others as they've gained weight, or caught themselves doing it?

Not exactly the same thing, but technically there has been some more belly on my True Love for her to handle. What seems to be her motivation more than any additional flesh is my steadfast pointing out in words and behavior how wonderful her fat parts are, and the many upsides as i see it and many here in the community have reported noticing things over the years. She continues to work through deprogramming societal fat hate, and learning that her fat body can be wonderful and highly desirable. Unconsciously/subconsciously holding/feeling her belly (mostly her larger lower belly) is a major part of this.
10 months

Biffa:
My bf never had this mannerism before, but I've noticed now since he's started to get enough of a belly that it's starting to be visible even though his baggy shirts, when he's walking around doing stuff I'm constantly catching his hands idly brushing his tummy or coming to rest on it for a few moments. I find it so darn adorable! I almost don't want to say anything about it in case it would make him self conscious and do it less. I don't think it's something he's fully aware he's doing if that makes sense.
Was wondering if anyone else has noticed this in others as they've gained weight, or caught themselves doing it? I suppose maybe it's a little subconscious acknowledgement of the new weight one feels oneself carrying around? Like you're aware in the back of your mind there's something there now that didn't use to be, and you're trying to adjust to it. I love it.

I know my partner does this.

I also want to add that if you have squishy parts, sometimes you'll just play with your softness no matter how you feel about said softness.
10 months

I do. I make a lot of youtube and tiktok videos and I often have to edit it down because I'll start to rub my growing belly and get distracted.
10 months

Actually, this is true :-) I do like to cup t own belly a bit more than when I had less of it. My wife is letting hers show a bit more in public, especially since it’s summer here in the states :-)
10 months

I'm in S. Florida. Mostly here men cover their guts but women don't seem to mind displaying theirs. I like when a lady shows off all her hard work.

HappyBigBelly:
Actually, this is true :-) I do like to cup t own belly a bit more than when I had less of it. My wife is letting hers show a bit more in public, especially since it’s summer here in the states :-)
10 months

My too
10 months

I'm always conscious of doing it....Always have done it....Feels SOOOOOOOOOOOO good!
10 months

GrowingAlec:
Since my belly has gotten bigger and folds over my waistband a good amount when sitting I’ve notice me absentmindedly sticking my hand under it and cupping it while driving.

Me too! I'll just be sitting there and then realize that I'm either cupping my underbelly or moobs
10 months

Yes, my wife began touching her belly more often when she really fattened up this spring, It's a similar behavior to when she was pregnant.
10 months
123   loading