General

Pics of guys

ForeverFFA:
I've personally always wished there was more content where guys were trying to look good - i.e., well-trimmed facial hair and nice clothing. Not really a fan of the sweatpants/couch potato look, although I totally understand that some people are.

There's fashion blogs out there that are specifically designed for big guys.

Munchies:
Yeah, there are a lot of guys who look like they rolled out of bed or crawled under a bridge. Unkempt beards, hair not combed, dressing like it's laundry day. Not saying you need to look like a fashion model, but it would be nice to put some effort into things.

ForeverFFA:
Lol! At least there are websites that offer advice on which brands are best suited for larger sizes, since I get that those can be tricky to find. Serious content creators might benefit from investing in themselves.

Which websites offer this advice? I like to dress nicer, but I have trouble finding clothes that fit nicely. Doesn't help that I'm not tall. Shirts that fit over my belly are usually long for my torso. I should probably get them tailored for a better fit, but don't want to spend money on something that may only fit for a short period of time.
8 months

Pics of guys

ForeverFFA:
I've personally always wished there was more content where guys were trying to look good - i.e., well-trimmed facial hair and nice clothing. Not really a fan of the sweatpants/couch potato look, although I totally understand that some people are.

Munchies:
Yeah, there are a lot of guys who look like they rolled out of bed or crawled under a bridge. Unkempt beards, hair not combed, dressing like it's laundry day. Not saying you need to look like a fashion model, but it would be nice to put some effort into things.

ForeverFFA:
Lol! At least there are websites that offer advice on which brands are best suited for larger sizes, since I get that those can be tricky to find. Serious content creators might benefit from investing in themselves.

NoMoYoYo:
Which websites offer this advice? I like to dress nicer, but I have trouble finding clothes that fit nicely. Doesn't help that I'm not tall. Shirts that fit over my belly are usually long for my torso. I should probably get them tailored for a better fit, but don't want to spend money on something that may only fit for a short period of time.

You can do a quick Google search, but here's some stuff to get started:

fashionversity.com/how-to-dress-when-you-are-a-fat-man/

As for your shirt situation, you might want to wear your pants over your belly. My partner is tall, but he is very belly heavy. He doesn't own any shirts that can cover his belly completely. Most cover 75% or 50% of his belly. So he puts his pants over his belly out of necessity.
8 months

Pics of guys

ForeverFFA:

Munchies:

ForeverFFA:

NoMoYoYo:

Munchies:

As for your shirt situation, you might want to wear your pants over your belly. My partner is tall, but he is very belly heavy. He doesn't own any shirts that can cover his belly completely. Most cover 75% or 50% of his belly. So he puts his pants over his belly out of necessity.

Thanks for these! I do many of these things already. The one suggestion they offer that I have a problem with is tucking in my shirts. I'm not sure why. I know I'm big. I like being big. I know I will be bigger. But for whatever reason tucking in seems like it's highlighting my belly even more. I mean I'm not fooling anybody, my belly is growing. It would look less sloppy, yet I still have issues with it.
8 months

Pics of guys

ForeverFFA:

Munchies:

ForeverFFA:

NoMoYoYo:

Munchies:

NoMoYoYo:
Thanks for these! I do many of these things already. The one suggestion they offer that I have a problem with is tucking in my shirts. I'm not sure why. I know I'm big. I like being big. I know I will be bigger. But for whatever reason tucking in seems like it's highlighting my belly even more. I mean I'm not fooling anybody, my belly is growing. It would look less sloppy, yet I still have issues with it.

I feel you. I hate tucking my shirts in. Makes me feel contained. But my waist goes in, not out.

It sounds like you don't enjoy having too much attention to your middle. I get that. You may want to experiment with colors and fits. Maybe throw on an open jacket or cardigan over your tucked in shirt once it cools down some.
8 months

Pics of guys

Everyone is very helpful with all the info thanks. I’m gonna have to order a phone stand ring light to help with better photos, especially since I don’t have anyone to take pics. The grooming makes perfect sense and something I’ll take into more consideration since it doesn’t really cross my mind before a pic lol. Not that I don’t groom myself but I’m sure I could do better haha. As for clothes I’ll have to check out the sources and do some googling myself. I guess the poses will be the only thing I’m still gonna have to look for or work on. Thanks again everyone I hope this is useful for other guys.
8 months

Pics of guys

ForeverFFA:

Munchies:

ForeverFFA:

NoMoYoYo:

Munchies:

NoMoYoYo:

Munchies:
I feel you. I hate tucking my shirts in. Makes me feel contained. But my waist goes in, not out.

It sounds like you don't enjoy having too much attention to your middle. I get that. You may want to experiment with colors and fits. Maybe throw on an open jacket or cardigan over your tucked in shirt once it cools down some.

I don't like the attention to my middle. But want to get fatter...such a quandry. I think its mostly because of my years of gaining and losing. I've worked with mostly the same people for years so they've seen me going up and down over and over...and over.

I will have to experiment. Especially layering with a jacket or cardigan. It hasn't been the warmest of summers here so I could probably start soon.

Sorry I've strayed from the original topic here. I don't actually intend on taking pictures. But I do want to look good in general. I never want to be a "slob". If that's your thing, all the power to you, just not for me.
8 months

Pics of guys

I think while talking about pics of guys, fashion is absolutely on topic! Nice grooming, well fitting suits, a prominent belly looking sharp in a button-up are REALLY HOT.

There is a Reddit called r/bigmenfashionadvice that I follow and they have great advice. (I've specifically asked about wide shirts being too long for short guys, and tailoring is the way to go.)

OT a little: I've mentioned somewhere else on Reddit that there should be a giant database for all things Plus-Sized, from clothes to travel to tips and tricks - but that would be a massive undertaking I'm not able to take on. 😛
8 months

Pics of guys

MickRidem:
I think while talking about pics of guys, fashion is absolutely on topic! Nice grooming, well fitting suits, a prominent belly looking sharp in a button-up are REALLY HOT.

There is a Reddit called r/bigmenfashionadvice that I follow and they have great advice. (I've specifically asked about wide shirts being too long for short guys, and tailoring is the way to go.)

OT a little: I've mentioned somewhere else on Reddit that there should be a giant database for all things Plus-Sized, from clothes to travel to tips and tricks - but that would be a massive undertaking I'm not able to take on. 😛

I checked out the reddit page there's some great stuff there.

My clothes are okay, but I think I can do better. I do have good grooming habits. I shave my head and have a beard so if either of those are unkept, it doesn't look good.
8 months

Pics of guys

ForeverFFA:

Munchies:

ForeverFFA:

NoMoYoYo:

ForeverFFA:
I was thinking of ]chubstr.com/

This site is great! Thanks!
8 months

Pics of guys

Today I tucked in my shirt. I was out and about just to try it to see how I felt. I was at the mall briefly, had lunch at Wendy's and then did groceries. It was definitely out of my comfort zone, but it was okay. I think it looked good. I will try it again soon. It was for sure easier to do in front of strangers. I'm not ready to do it at work yet.
8 months
123   loading