Extreme obesity

Car with belly room

AthleteTurnedFatty:
The Kia Soul I’ve heard is very roomy and have heard a lot of larger people recommend it plus you are already familiar with Kias since you have one now

I drive a Kia Soul. My belly isn’t that big, but it definitely has lots of space.
8 months

Car with belly room

Grungus:
There was a big lady who lived near me and had a vl Commodore with the front seats removed and had the controls extended to the back seat. The doors were also modified for her to get in and out easier.

Slightly off-topic from this thread, but I kind of want to see pictures of that car. I'm really curious now.

Though, more to the topic at hand and the OP's question.. I don't know what kind of budget you have in mind, or what's even really available there. But, I wonder what options there might be for full-size vans in Australia, or how viable that might be?

Think the type of vans you may expect plumbers or electricians to use, with a sliding door behind the passenger side door, and you can walk from the rear to the front pretty easily. It also has the side benefit of being far easier and safer to get in, if you had to parallel park on a busy street.

Here in America, full-size vans tend to have a LOT of interior room, even in the driver area. And, there's passenger models with rear seats.

There's also minivans, but those will be smaller. They may or may not have enough room, I don't know.

You would also likely want to favor models with an adjustable tilt steering column, if possible. I've also heard of some models with power adjustable pedals.

If you're considering the used market, I hope there's an Australian equivalent of CarFax to give you information about the car's title, like if it's salvage, flood damage, etc.

I'm sorry but, I can't imagine a Kia Soul being big enough. Unless it's like Dr. Who's TARDIS, which is bigger on the inside. For awhile I had a neighbor with a Kia Soul, and it didn't look that big.

I have a Camry, circa '01, and I know Australian models are the same on the inside, other than being RHD to suit the local market. I'm not sure if it could accommodate a 400 lb driver that well, much less 600+ but I guess you can try.

There's also the Toyota Celica and Camry Solara, which being coupes, mean a wider, larger door though I don't know if the seat will move back far enough.
8 months

Car with belly room

I’m a tall guy and drive a mini van because of height but I know as I grow it will accommodate a lot more weight. My seat isn’t even all the way back so yeah minivan is a good way to go.
8 months

Car with belly room

I have a VERY large tummy, and I'm still okay in my 2020 Camry. I just need to open the door all the way to get in and out, so I'm cautious about how I park.
7 months

Car with belly room

Thanks for all the suggestions! So I don’t actually think we have the Kia Soul in Australia.. I tried the Kia Sportage but the drivers side was literally smaller than my Mazda 2. Crazy, cos it looks like a big car! Guess it’s just big on boot space, but not driver/ passenger space.

I think I’ll be going with the Kia Cerato as that’s the roomiest car I’ve found so far.
7 months

Car with belly room

Here We Go Again:
Thanks for all the suggestions! So I don’t actually think we have the Kia Soul in Australia.. I tried the Kia Sportage but the drivers side was literally smaller than my Mazda 2. Crazy, cos it looks like a big car! Guess it’s just big on boot space, but not driver/ passenger space.

I think I’ll be going with the Kia Cerato as that’s the roomiest car I’ve found so far.

I have an Optima. In other country's they call them K5's That seems to be the most room I have found.
7 months

Car with belly room

BigFox:
I have an Optima. In other country's they call them K5's That seems to be the most room I have found.[/quote]

Thanks for that suggestion :-) I checked the car out- size wise they look a lot like the Cerato, which is great 👍
7 months

Car with belly room

BigBallBellyGirl:
I have a VERY large tummy, and I'm still okay in my 2020 Camry. I just need to open the door all the way to get in and out, so I'm cautious about how I park.

I tried the 2021 Camry and I only just fit behind the wheel with the seat all the way back but then I couldn’t reach the pedals and my belly was already still pushing on the steering wheel.. so no go there.

I ended up going with the Kia Cerato- it’s really roomy inside and while I need to seat all the way back, I can still reach the pedals and my belly has a bit of room.
Who would’ve thought that the small hatch would be bigger inside than the 3 SUVs I couldn’t even get behind the wheel in lol.
6 months
12   loading