Story authors

Your fantasy, my pen: let's craft your dream story!

Morbido:
Dear Community,

I want to express my heartfelt gratitude for the diverse opinions and engaging discussions regarding the use of AI in crafting stories.

Utilizing AI has proven to be immensely helpful, especially as a non-native English writer (I'm Italian). This tool aids in refining my work, making the creative process more accessible. I eagerly await your feedback to understand if my stories hold value for you. While they may seem satisfactory to me in isolation, your opinions are invaluable in shaping the worth of my creations within our community.

I am committed to using the tool in a progressively more refined manner, seeking to balance its assistance with my personal touch and fantasy. However, the true measure of success lies in your collective feedback. I understand that personal opinions vary, and I'm patient as I await your thoughts, recognizing that it takes time to form a consensus.

Behind each story lies hours of dedicated work from my perspective. I invested time during my Christmas holidays to bring these stories to fruition.

I hope you enjoy the experience here, and if these stories don't align with your preferences, I completely understand. The intention behind this endeavor was to breathe life into the fantasies of those who struggle to express them in written form, creating a space for shared imagination, including my own, which I find challenging to articulate due to the language barrier.

If you have the time and inclination, I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a moment to explore the stories. Your valuable feedback could make a significant difference in enhancing the overall experience.

Warm regards,
Morbido

Letters And Numbers:
I guess my advice, and take it or leave it, would be that instead of making and posting 10 (some of them lengthy) stories in a few weeks and flooding the New Stories section, pace yourself. Pick one and work on it, maybe with an English speaking editor or beta reader. The syntax and writing conventions are all over the place in your stories, which I expect from bot-written stuff, but it makes them feel rushed and confusing. One of the hallmarks of AI writing is that it repeats and summarizes itself a lot. This can be fixed by editing, but that takes time. Pick one and try to perfect it instead of rushing to generate new content. Not to mention that another author trying to get some eyes on their writing has to compete with 10 of your stories clogging things up. That’s just my take.

Besides that, though, I’d love to know what software you use so I can look at it!

All you say here is you are saying this just so much better than I could express it myself. I’m interested in real human beings writing real stories. I’m unimpressed, and frankly not interested, in someone who can churn out so many stories in a day or two. It’s aggravating just to wade through them for better stuff.

I’ve looked at AI a bit (character.ai). I don’t think it is of use to me. It feels mechanical to use it, and what you get is dull and repetitive. There is some skill in writing prompts that produce much of anything. But it’s not something I enjoy. I’d much rather use my own intelligence and creativity. Writing is a human endeavor and a way for one human brain to connect with other human brains.

To me, crafting characters and placing them in unique situations, writing and rewriting and editing are so much more joyful than interacting with some software that gives me nothing interesting.

That’s just my take. I do see there might be a lot of value in this if English weren’t my native language. In that case, AI becomes a translator and a tool for learning more about new words and phrases, much like a dictionary or thesaurus in days of old. I still use online thesauruses and dictionaries to help remind me of words or explain new usages. I’m a word person and words give me joy.

For example, in writing weight gain fiction, I love the word “luscious”. The sound and feel of it is rich. Knowing that it’s derived from the word “delicious” further enriches my own pleasure at writing.

Sorry. Off topic.

Anyway, I think that my interest in connecting with real human beings here through their writings is what drives me as a reader. I like and comment fairly generously. I like encouraging new authors. I want to know there’s a human behind the words. For these reasons, I rarely read any of the stories by Morbido or other AI authors here.

Morbido, please listen to her advice above. Work on perfecting one story at a time. I haven’t opened a single one of your stories because having so many appear at once makes me question their quality. There are plenty of great writers here who can help you. Be confident in your own creativity and skills. Ask for help through these forums. Read others’ stories a lot.

Quality over quantity. It’s a take on the old erotica writer’s number one rule: “Less is more.”
3 months

I want to express my gratitude for the feedback received. The suggestion to write fewer stories was already on my mind, but without feedback, I was uncertain about the best approach.

I take note of the advice given, which, to some extent, I anticipated. I will work on moderating my output by focusing more on individual chapters within the stories. The recent creations are intentionally shorter and unfinished, aiming to increase attention to each chapter by adding detail and length, infused with a more human touch to enhance specific descriptions.

My primary goal is to craft engaging stories for readers and showcase the creativity I believe lies behind my narratives. My last goal is to create unnecessary tensions, addressing concerns rightfully raised.

With these suggestions in mind, I will continue my creative pursuits with appropriate adjustments. For those who take the time to read my stories, I sincerely appreciate any feedback you may provide. It's through your input that I can truly improve, ensuring that unspoken aspects are addressed.

I'm grateful that i choose to make this post, and I wish everyone happy "fattytelling"!
3 months

Hiccupx:
Yes, we do allow authors of premium stories to use AI, since it's just another tool in the box, like spelling or grammar checkers.

LoraDayton:
Grammar and spellcheck already existed long before mass-market access to AI.

AI isn't a grammar tool. It can only function by scraping existing writing created by other humans. Even if you clean it up after, it is still theft. It's not reinterpretation or meta or research. AI is theft of work. AI cannot exist without a reserve of existing material. That's literally how it works.

You're absolutely right that there is no shortcut to sincere creativity, but it's mutually exclusive to AI generated writing.

Battybattybattybat:
There's a bot that scrapes these very profiles and stories (though I believe it can only access the first page) on this very site. Our words are being used for AI guys, we should feel honored. 😘

I want to assure you all that I don't steal stories or plots from the writers on this site. I solely rely on my imagination for the narratives, occasionally drawing inspiration from stories I've read over the years on this site. Moreover, I use AI text generators, though it's quite a challenge to make them as weirdo as our community when it comes to the theme of weight gain.

This is a passion project for me, something I wouldn't pursue if I weren't genuinely passionate about this genre of storytelling.
3 months

Hiccupx:
Yes, we do allow authors of premium stories to use AI, since it's just another tool in the box, like spelling or grammar checkers.

LoraDayton:

AI isn't a grammar tool. It can only function by scraping existing writing created by other humans. Even if you clean it up after, it is still theft. It's not reinterpretation or meta or research. AI is theft of work. AI cannot exist without a reserve of existing material. That's literally how it works.

You're absolutely right that there is no shortcut to sincere creativity, but it's mutually exclusive to AI generated writing.

Battybattybattybat:
There's a bot that scrapes these very profiles and stories (though I believe it can only access the first page) on this very site. Our words are being used for AI guys, we should feel honored. 😘

Morbido:
I want to assure you all that I don't steal stories or plots from the writers on this site. I solely rely on my imagination for the narratives, occasionally drawing inspiration from stories I've read over the years on this site. Moreover, I use AI text generators, though it's quite a challenge to make them as weirdo as our community when it comes to the theme of weight gain.

This is a passion project for me, something I wouldn't pursue if I weren't genuinely passionate about this genre of storytelling.

Yes, yes you do because AI scrapes this site and many others. It scrapes published books. It scrapes poetry, and articles, and essays all originally written by a human being. That's one of the major reasons why writers and artists don't like it.
3 months

Hiccupx:

LoraDayton:

Battybattybattybat:

Morbido:

Battybattybattybat:
Yes, yes you do because AI scrapes this site and many others. It scrapes published books. It scrapes poetry, and articles, and essays all originally written by a human being. That's one of the major reasons why writers and artists don't like it.

And also -- ok, yes, all art is influenced by what came before it to some degree, sure. A writer in 2024 will be influenced by books they read and fold that into their own writing in one way or another. However, doing that requires you to actually read the books! Reading a bunch of Hemingway and then writing a story using Hemingway's voice can be an interesting project. Telling software to write in the style of Hemingway without having read or understood the source material is maybe a neat trick, but I think that's all you can say about it.
3 months

Hiccupx:

LoraDayton:

Battybattybattybat:

Morbido:

Battybattybattybat:

Letters And Numbers:
And also -- ok, yes, all art is influenced by what came before it to some degree, sure. A writer in 2024 will be influenced by books they read and fold that into their own writing in one way or another. However, doing that requires you to actually read the books! Reading a bunch of Hemingway and then writing a story using Hemingway's voice can be an interesting project. Telling software to write in the style of Hemingway without having read or understood the source material is maybe a neat trick, but I think that's all you can say about it.

Friendly reminder that you can plagiarize art. There is thriving market for it that existed long before generative ai came into the scene.

Now, to be clear, I am not making any aspersions about OP. I don't know him. He seems like a decent enough person who doesn't understand how generative ai works.

And that's fine. Not everyone is in the know about that. Doesn't make you a bad person.

However, generative ai isn't the same thing as drawing inspiration.

When something inspires you, you take elements of the original and make it your own. Sometimes it's clear what your inspiration is, but the end product is transformed by putting your own flare on things.

Generative ai is incapable of doing this. Instead, it cobbles together bits and pieces of things using predictive algorithms. This is why it often repeats itself or spits out nonsense.

It's also terrible at nonfiction because it cannot discern what sources are useful and what sources or not. It also has the habit of hallucinating data. Why? Because it writes thing based on how others have written things before and spits it out with the algorithm.
3 months

Hiccupx:

LoraDayton:

Battybattybattybat:

Morbido:

Battybattybattybat:

Letters And Numbers:

Munchies:
Friendly reminder that you can plagiarize art. There is thriving market for it that existed long before generative ai came into the scene.

Now, to be clear, I am not making any aspersions about OP. I don't know him. He seems like a decent enough person who doesn't understand how generative ai works.

And that's fine. Not everyone is in the know about that. Doesn't make you a bad person.

However, generative ai isn't the same thing as drawing inspiration.

When something inspires you, you take elements of the original and make it your own. Sometimes it's clear what your inspiration is, but the end product is transformed by putting your own flare on things.

Generative ai is incapable of doing this. Instead, it cobbles together bits and pieces of things using predictive algorithms. This is why it often repeats itself or spits out nonsense.

It's also terrible at nonfiction because it cannot discern what sources are useful and what sources or not. It also has the habit of hallucinating data. Why? Because it writes thing based on how others have written things before and spits it out with the algorithm.

Sports Illustrated got away with it for a while, which is pretty amazing.
3 months

AI isn't able to figure out when it sucks, but if it ever does I guess we all can call it a day.
3 months

Battybattybattybat:

Despite what I said in my previous posts, I understand your concerns here, given that AI will develop over time. So this raises another question:

Should we make the stories section viewable by members only to prevent AI scraping?

Currently, the first page of each story is viewable to guests because it brings many new people to the website. To view subsequent chapters of the story the guest then needs to create an account and login.

The issues I can see here are:

* Closing the stories section would deminish our Google listings and reduce the number of new members coming here. This would reduce the income for story earners.

* Would it really make and difference? There will still be plenty of feederism stories our there anyway that AI can scrape.

* Can we really keep AI from creating an account and scraping the stories section anyway (premium stories would be safe because they are behind a pay wall)?
3 months

Battybattybattybat:

Hiccupx:
Despite what I said in my previous posts, I understand your concerns here, given that AI will develop over time. So this raises another question:

Should we make the stories section viewable by members only to prevent AI scraping?

Currently, the first page of each story is viewable to guests because it brings many new people to the website. To view subsequent chapters of the story the guest then needs to create an account and login.

The issues I can see here are:

* Closing the stories section would deminish our Google listings and reduce the number of new members coming here. This would reduce the income for story earners.

* Would it really make and difference? There will still be plenty of feederism stories our there anyway that AI can scrape.

* Can we really keep AI from creating an account and scraping the stories section anyway (premium stories would be safe because they are behind a pay wall)?

I can’t speak for anyone else, but personally I feel that until laws change to protect creators, if you put something out there, there’s a good chance someone or some thing is going to copy it to do who knows what with. I think this site already does a lot more than many to give creators publishing control over their content.

What might be more interesting, and what Amazon requires for self-publishing, is a check box disclosing that the story was generated using AI. Amazon carved out things like grammar checkers and things like that which don’t need to be disclosed, so you could get in the weeds pretty quickly, and I understand why it might be a headache, but it would be another way of filtering stories. There might be readers who are curious about AI assisted writing and would want to check some out. There are probably more who would prefer to filter it out or at least know what they’re reading.

Just a thought. Adding a checkbox would be the easy part, coming up with the rules around it would be harder. A number of people on here already self-disclose with AI visual art in one way or another, so I think there are people who would participate, even if it was voluntary.
3 months
1234   loading