Harassment thread

dave_1673 has been ordered to cease contact with soniafernandez.
9 years

My feeling so far

Since the topic creator has deleted her account, the thread is now being locked.

FreightTrain wrote:
And even then there was a time in the chat where two blokes just decided to push the fat talk about her ACKNOWLEDGING That she isn't into it, and continued to do so anyway...

my jaw is just on the freakin desk... How stupid can you flippin be? "Hey I know you don't liiiiike thiiiiiiiiis buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I'm gonna suggest it anyway because I like it."

Could people report these men along with anyone else who was harassing littlemermaid so that we may warn/suspend them? Thanks. No means no, and if people can't understand that, and/or completely ignore another person's profile to push their fetish onto them, we don't want them on our site.

Also, don't forget to cite the 'How to treat other members' sticky to people if they don't know how to behave: fantasyfeeder.com/cms/infusions/forum/view-thread.php
9 years

I'm a feminist

diggers1917 wrote:
Out of interest, what are your opinions when it comes to men identifying as feminists (not just as sympathisers/allies etc)? I remember being involved in a conversation with a few feminist and otherwise sympathetic friends on facebook and the conclusion seemed to be that it could be a bit problematic. As a man, calling myself a feminist is a bit like calling myself a great lover or talented composer: it's not for me to say, it's for others to decide or recognise. As it is, I am very sympathetic to feminism and my opinion of people generally increases when they express feminist sentiment.

It's an interesting topic that I've seen discussed around in other areas. I would say it is for others to often decide or recognise - for example some have called themselves feminists but only end up championing men's rights which is a most curious stance for them to take, which often ends up with them labelled as not being a feminist.

On the topic of men being feminists though, I would say from what I have seen that the majority of feminists are fine about it, though some women maintain that men shouldn't call themselves feminists and that it makes them feel uncomfortable. So it can be a bit of a grey area. Just don't keep insisting that you're a feminist to someone that's uncomfortable with it, and it should be fine. You can call yourself an 'ally' there instead.
9 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Preview video of a new legendary Pokemon, Hoopa, a Psychic/Ghost type. Seems to be based off a djinn (some may know these as genies):

9 years

Harassment thread

sjw123 ignored his mod message and didn't even open it, and continued to look at BigBoobedJew's profile a few more times. One week suspension should make him notice, so I have done so. BigBoobedJew is very grateful for our assistance in this matter.
9 years

Embaressment of being caught

Wannabe Princess wrote:
Fair enough I must be mistaken. Still not sure "Gay b*itch" is the best way to describe someone, you probably wouldn't use "hetrosexual bitch"

Mmhm, this. And unlike people working for the NHS, being gay doesn't have anything to do with anti-fat prejudice whatsoever, so it's irrelevant to mention. Would have been better to just have said something like "and my bro is a dick".
9 years

Fake females thread 3

fantasyfeeder.com/cms/infusions/profiles/view.php
kalia mariegambinii@gmx.com 78.250.223.172 8 Jan 2015 24

This one was first suspected to be fake I guess, considering they put up a pic with what looked like an MS Paint writing of their name on a belly pic. I sent them a request for ID, to which they responded with:

I just sent my pic, but I don't really understand, does everybody have to do this ? Or is it a kind of discrimination or someone reported me ?

I don't take pic of my face so easily, so I want to be sure of the purpose of that demarch

Thanks you for your comprehension

bises

And then provided the below photoshopped photo on the right. They deleted their account before I could however (was sleeping through this), so I guess they got scared and fled.
9 years

I'm a feminist

I too am a feminist, but I will say that what I am is often termed an 'intersectional feminist'.

everydayfeminism.com/2014/04/kyriarchy-101/
If you’re familiar with feminism, you’ll have heard of the term patriarchy – the social order that privileges men and oppresses women. It’s a useful term as it gives a name to the institutionalisation of male privilege.

But feminism has moved on from being purely concerned with male privilege.

We now – thankfully and rightfully! – take into account the number of different privileges and oppressions that people experience.

First named by Kimberlé Crenshaw in 1989, intersectional feminism is concerned with the social order that privileges and oppresses people based on race, gender, language, class, sexual orientation, (dis)ability, culture, and so on.

Mainstream feminism has been traditionally concerned with gender inequality. Intersectional feminism, however, is concerned with all types of inequality.

Not all feminists are intersectional feminists, no, but we are a growing movement. The phrase "My feminism will be intersectional or it will be bulls**t!" originating from an essay written by Flavia Dzodan (Link here) has spread around to many places online. It's true that feminism originally focused on white women only, but now with intersectionality we incorporate more now than just the oppression of women, though it is our primary focus. We fight for different races, we fight for different genders, for different sexes, for different sexual orientations, for different body shapes, for different cultures, and more, against all types of inequality. Many other feminists in this very topic are probably intersectional as well.

ThosePeskySwedens wrote:
Never heard it explained like that before, thank you. Seems a lot of people use it without knowing what it means just because it sounds scary.

You can read more about it here too, if you want to look into it more:
rationalwiki.org/wiki/Rape_culture

I'll pick out the part on victim blaming in particular, too:

Victim blaming is a notable feature of a rape culture. If the victim can be shown to be "out of line" at any point, society turns on her, often demanding she at least voice some sense of remorse for her behaviors that led to the rape. Was she dressed "like a slut?" Did she lead the guy on? Had she been out partying? Is she pretty? Was she "friendly" (wink-wink, nudge nudge) with the boys? If so, then shouldn't she have at least expected the likelihood of being raped, and done something to prevent it?

Even if a rape victim actually does meet the maximum standards for sympathy, the implication is that the victim's transgression against traditional values and polite society was more important than the actual act of violence done to the victim.

That's the problem see; sure, we're told that rape is bad, and yet society still trivializes it at the same time. Just a plaster covering of "don't do that" smeared over the top, while all the horrors and dismissal lurk underneath. Earlier the issue of "men can't be raped" was brought up, but as the entry mentions, "Men can't be raped" is also a part of rape culture. It is heinous and another issue that intersectional feminism also deals with.
9 years

Embaressment of being caught

Was flipping through the forums and found this older topic on the matter too, with a number of responses in it, though the OP deleted their account since:

should I confess?
fantasyfeeder.com/cms/infusions/forum/view-thread.php
9 years