Why are fa's so closeted?

c00kie:
Do you not think if FA's / Feeders didn't act ashamed of liking bigger people or consider the thoughts of random-ers / family friends more important than their own preferences that maybe... JUST maybe, bigger people would be more confident.

Having to deal with general society pulling us down, marketing, advertising and popular culture dragging us down by shaming or excluding us takes it's toll... But what is worse is people who actually LIKE fat people and want relationships with us then don't support us, stick up for us, don't chat us up, hide their feelings etc... ALL of that contributes to us feeling unworthy, not wanting to be touched and hating ourselves.

So if you want fat people to be confident and happy... don't hide us away, don't hide your feelings and preferences away. Because fitting in with the norm is not going to change peoples perspectives on fat people and you will always feel ashamed. Help to create a world where being fat is accepted... Maybe then you can find more people that don't shy away when you touch the very thing that you find sexy.[/quote]

First of all, you are right and I am not saying otherwise.

Personally, I have been fat for most of my childhoon, teens and early 20s so I know how bad society treats fat people for being fat.

Maybe because of that it is easier for me to go for the women I find sexy and disregard society's judgement because I've come to realise that is the only way to be happy with your romantic life (I'm sure it is not the case for most FA's but can only speak from my own POV).
3 years

Why are fa's so closeted?

seven8the9:
I'm a fat girl and over the years, the fact that less people have hit on me in public has taken a toll on my confidence. Now that I'm older , I know better (most of the time) that there ARE people out there that prefer bigger, fatter bodies.

Why are you all so quiet about it in real life?!

I mean, of course there are the societal norms and pressures... but could someone explain it to me simply, laymen terms?

Tea4:
First off all, hitting on anyone in public is a very dangerous game for anyone but especially men. You risk being humiliated at least and if the person has some really extreme problems, who knows how they could spin it into trouble in this day and age. Hence the only places I've ever done it is at bars/clubs where it's expected more so.

Now then the whole fat girl aspect.... I am by no means a closeted FA. It's not me that's ashamed, it's women. Long long ago after I learned I was an FA I also fairly quickly learned that it doesn't make your 'chances' any easier and in fact actually harder. I may have thrown off the chains but fat girls have not. They will think you are just fucking with them if you give a compliment.

It's frustrating and sad how many girls I've seen just absolutely despise their body and never even think to deviate from that. It's like their go-to is self-loathing and they must make everyone else aware that they are fat, they hate it of course, and what kind of sick fuck would think any other way. Sadly this is most fat girls. And if you outright compliment a physical aspect that society never would like a big fat round belly or ass or thighs well....forget about that. Even if you're well into the relationship with someone they are usually so conditioned to what makes a real compliment that it will never go over smoothly.

I suppose for men it's a test of your resolve as an FA. Yeah you're going to get ***s who try and rip on you for liking fat chicks. I honestly do not care and laugh at people so insecure with themselves they have to take it out on a guy who knows what he likes and isn't ashamed of it. It actually has landed a good deal of respect from a lot of people.

So OP I get your frustration. We as FA men have to fight society all over again in the heads of women we desire. It's a hard battle because you can't tell someone how to feel even when you're telling them nothing but positives.

This is very true, it took me a lot of time to find a big girl who is confident and likes herself but still freaks out when I tough her belly or do anything else reminding her about not being skinny.

It is getting better but honestly its like a fight you have to repeat every time and in the end we all want to be with someone who truly believe they are sexy the way they are!
3 years

Too much too quick

lry:
So a few facts first of all:
1. You can't influence your fat distribution unless you directly take fat from one area of the body and inject it to ther other. It all depends on genetics.

becomingoverweight:
False. Look at my post Compendium of Fat Studies under sections "Subcutaneous and visceral fat weight gain/fat distribution" and "Dairy's effect on fat distribution".

Yea, I'm not going to waste my time simply because that is not true and fat distribution is not something you can influence.

Trying to deny it is like trying to prove the Earth is flat, just a waste of time and effort...
4 years

Too much too quick

KingBloop:
Hi everyone,

I’m just starting out, and some things I’ve read online say to just cram yourself full. Tried that the last 2 days, and I end up being just full and bloated for really long times.

Is it possible I just had too much too quick. Like do I need to ease into it?

Side notes that I’m relatively skinny, had people poke fun at me about it since school (over 10 years ago) some 6 years ago I wanted to gain weight but never did. More recently I found it turns myself on thinking about getting a bigger belly, so here I am

So a few facts first of all:
1. You can't influence your fat distribution unless you directly take fat from one area of the body and inject it to ther other. It all depends on genetics.
2. You don't need to stuff yourself full but get the most calories as possible into your body.

As far as reccomendation how to get those calories, well I like to eat till i'm in the near stuffed zone and then just snack on high calorie food till i can eat the next meal. It actually increases my desire to snack (if compared to being really really hungry). Try to make sure you have food that's dense calories wise.
4 years