Plateau

ILuvChubbyChix:
Some ideas, since it's something I struggle with too sometimes.

Regardless of the cream, or actually, before the cream, what kind of calorie count do you have on most days?

You don't have the entire quart in a single go, do you? One go, or throughout the day? Some/most have a phenomenon of only being able to handle so much dairy fat at one time, with the rest going.. well you know. Won't elaborate unless you want me to. It can be hard to gauge at times, though personally I've found cream a terrible idea if I had something with a lot of cheese, or if I had ice cream for example.

Also it may, and likely helps to mix the cream with something else or have something else at the same time. Lately, I've been having very simple cream shakes. 1 cup of cream, to 1 bottle (1 cup) of Equate Plus (Wal-Mart brand knockoff of Ensure Plus). They have chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. Tastes kind of like heavily flavored milk yet seemingly has virtually no dairy content, making it a near perfect choice to mix with cream which is lots of dairy.

Maybe even just give it a rest for a day to a few days? Though don't be so hungry you can't function in day to day life. It's possible you adapted with a higher metabolism to burn it off, as your body now expects the onslaught of calories. So, a dramatic reduction might help slow it down a bit and prioritize storing it (getting fatter).

A good metaphor is the TP shortage of COVID. In that time, most folks bought up whatever TP they could find, ASAP, whether they needed it or not, simply out of fear of not having TP when you needed it. This went on for months. Eventually, most folks ended up with a huge stockpile of toilet paper, almost too much to deal with. Eventually, folks stopped buying for awhile, to use up their stockpile. Though, from what I recall, there was yet another shock and fear of a lack of TP, in spite of folks still having something of a stockpile from the last shock, so there was yet more hoarding.

I think you get the idea.

Another might be you simply aren't getting enough calories in general. Obviously, the heavier you get, the more calories you need just to stay the same. If you telecommute, maybe start eating sausage biscuits in the morning. Each biscuit is about 180-200 calories, but cut it in half so you can make it into a sandwich. Frozen microwaveable sausage patties? 210 calories each. Should be easy enough to eat 2 or 3 of those in a single sitting. If you don't telecommute, then I hope the office provides doughnuts or other pastries.

Increasing calories just to maintain..this is one little thing that kind of snuck up on me. It's like.. you know it will happen, you might even fantasize about it and love the idea. But in spite of that, you don't expect it at the same time, or it's so slow you don't see it coming.

Can't think of anything else off hand. Hopefully you get past this, because damn if it's not frustrating.

Hi thank you for your response. I try to reach about 6000 calories a day. Some day I fall short between 5000-5500. I mix the cream with blended mango, milk, and a little sugar and make it into a lassie. I am able to drink 32oz with no stomach pain daily that way. I love mango lassie.
I move around alot at work and am on my feet the whole shift "nursing". Most days I don't get a lunch break, so I eat 2 breakfast and bring a weight gainer shake and try to eat as much as possible. Through out the day.
It's a new year coming and I plan to get to 275 this year so I have to get pass this, thank you for your advice!!
1 year

Plateau

I've been at a plateau for almost two weeks. 32oz of heavy cream a day didn't even break this. I need to see the scale increase...any idea tips etc.....
1 year

Best heavy cream shake ever

Heavy creavy
about 1 cup of yogurt
lots of mango
honey....
.adjust to your taste...thank me later
4 years

Who's down for a ladies day food meet up

We'll find a place to pig out in NYC
6 years

Gaining around work schedule

I've been eating my ass off at home and with the last job I had....it was doable. My new profession while be very physically demanding. My forst concern is getting lightheaded being i wont be able to eat how i normally do...my second concern is maintaining and still gaining weight around the new schedule.....any advice is greatly appreciated.
6 years

Apetamin weight gainer review

for the physician info, what do I put???
6 years

Apetamin weight gainer review

I heared apetamin can be bought at Africa food stores...it is manufactered in India .....does this worry anyone as it is not fda approved???
6 years
12   loading