Holding the stories section to ransom

I agree. The story section seems to favor this sort of behavior, pushing down other stories and making it hard for users to discover them.

The way I think the algorithm works, is that it boosts the promotion of new (less than a couple weeks old) stories. (or whenever they update with new chapters.)

Meanwhile, older but still updating stories get pushed down into obscurity. I've followed many long running stories. They disappear from the top of the stories section because of 'incredibly short' new stories take over.

It's discouraging to the people who put time and effort in creating a good story. Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this recently.
4 years

New story additions vanished/rolledback

hiccupx:
We moved servers yesterday and unfortunately had to lose 24 hours data in the process. This is just because it takes a few hours to back up the data and then transfer it to the new server. Please accept my apologies for this. However on the plus side we’re now on a server with twice the disk space and 10 times the bandwidth which allows us plenty of scope for expansion.

Thank you for being transparent. smiley

I'm happy about the update on the site and I hope it brings in new features down the road.
4 years

New story additions vanished/rolledback

Hi,

Yesterday I added a few pages to my story and kept up with it throughout the day. When I woke up, I noticed my new pages had disappeared, and the last updated time had been rolled back as if I've never posted.

I'll end up reposting the new content, as I have it saved. But, I can imagine a circumstance someone posted a story and lost it because of some mysterious site glitch.

Did the website get rolled back to a previous version? I was not made aware of any changes or anything to my story by admins. I am concerned an issue like this will happen again and I want to point this out.
4 years

Punctuation in stories.

hiccupx:
Should be fixed now. Please let me know if you're still having problems.

I've just updated my story with new chapters. No issues with quotes or any other special characters. Thank you for fixing this annoying bug! smiley I hope it's fixed for other users too.
4 years

Punctuation in stories.

i-am-eighteen-i-swear:
Now I can't even update my story. Every time I copy and paste my text and upload it, not a single word appears in the new chapter. I don't know if the admins are still changing the text settings, but as of today it's happening.

hiccupx:
Currently working on this.

Thank you for the fast response. I understand managing a site like this can be quite a handful smiley
4 years

Punctuation in stories.

Now I can't even update my story. Every time I copy and paste my text and upload it, not a single word appears in the new chapter. I don't know if the admins are still changing the text settings, but as of today it's happening.
4 years

Punctuation in stories.

supergirl:
I just posted my first chapter, and I experienced this issue with the:
-apostrophe (&apossmiley, and
-quotation marks ("smiley

I tried it from a straight text file, from Google docs... I am not sure what format could be proper outside of those???

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Triple periods are also affected by this glitch(...) I am forced to spend hours reformatting my chapters, and it's quite discouraging. I am hoping the fix is soon, as I don't want to purposely make my story worse to accommodate a glitch.
4 years

Punctuation in stories.

This glitch has been preventing me from uploading new chapters... I have tried uploading through different browsers and devices (PC/Phone) and still the same result. Quotations make sentences appear like this:
�euroThe quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog�euro
4 years
12   loading