Strawberry coconut cake

Quarantine has not been a piece of cake (pun intended) ...

There's been no flour at my local stores, which means no baking. Worse, now that some rare bags have finally showed up on shelves ... I can't eat anything I bake due to my current health situation.

That doesn't mean, i can't share (and live vicariously) through you though. So, here is one of my favorite cake recipes. P.S. you can use practically any fruit in it.

STRAWBERRY COCONUT CAKE

Makes a 9" Double Layer Cake

CAKE INGREDIENTS:

2 Cups Unsalted Butter, Softened
2 Cup Granulated Sugar
4 Eggs
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Tsp Vanilla
4 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
1 Cup Coconut Milk
2/3 Cup Buttermilk
1 Cup Flaked Coconut
8 Oz Stawberries, Diced

FILLING & FROSTING INGREDIENTS:

8 Oz Strawberry Flavored Jam
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
4 Oz Cream Cheese
1 Tbsp Honey
4 Cups Confectioners Sugar (Powdered)

CAKE PREPARATION:

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine butter and sugar in bowl, then mix at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, then mix at medium speed until combined.
3. Add honey and vanilla, then mix at medium speed until combined.
4. Add flour, one cup at a time, then baking powder, baking soda, and salt, beating on low until combined then on medium for 3-4 minutes. (Alternative: Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl then add to wet ingredients).
5. Slowly pour in coconut milk and buttermilk, mixing on low until combined well.
Add coconut and strawberries, folding in by hand until mixed well.
6. Spray two 9 inch cake pans with cooking spray (I use a flour based spray) and pour batter into pans until 2/3 full.
7. Bake 40-45 minutes, until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cool completely in dish/pan before frosting.

FROSTING PREPARATION:

1. Combine cream cheese and butter in bowl, then mix at medium speed until smooth.
2. Add and honey and 1/2 of jam, then mix at medium speed until combined.
3. Add confectioners sugar one cup at a time and mix at medium speed until combined.
4. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes while cake bakes to maintain consistency and to keep it from getting ... melty.

ASSEMBLY:

Once cake layers cooled, spread remaining half of jam on top of bottom layer, then add top layer and frost.
3 years

Gaining too slowly to notice any difference.

I agree 100% with the previous response.

Maintaining your health and allowing your body to grow at a natural pace is very important and documenting your progress over time can help you see the difference.

Every person and body are different, from the way they look to the way they gain or lose wait. You shouldn't get discouraged by the pace with which yours is growing and should celebrate even the littlest of changes. You are doing awesome and you've earned it.

P.S. I'm not a gainer, but I struggle with gaining weight due to health problems. The only time I usually notice it is my clothes being tighter ... so maybe being slower to change the sizes you wear, and allowing yourself to feel them growing tighter is a way to get the feeling you are looking for 😊
3 years

Would you like to be a fantasy feeder moderator?

It's been a while since I modded in a chat room, but I am on daily and have had to play chat mom more times than I can count ...

So I'd be happy to help if needed, as long as my silly and naughty behavior the rest of the time doesn't count me out 🙈🙉🙊
3 years

Legal documents useful in feederism

As a former lawyer, I'd agree with the POA comment. Regarding that, I would make it someone you trust to make the best decisions for you and your health ... not your Feeder as their intentions might very well disregard what is ultimately in your best interest.

I would also suggest supplementing the medical decisions portion of that with an advanced directive that makes it clear what your wishes are in the event that you become medically incapacitated and decisions have to be made regarding things like feeding tubes and life support.

While those two things would protect you, a will would also be a good idea if you have serious debt or assets that would need to be handled should something happen to you.

All those things said ... I would seriously recommend thinking through how far you want to push your gaining. POA's, advanced directives, and wills are scary things to think about yes, .. and while good to have in place for anyone in any situation .. you are talking about engaging in behavior that would intentionally and unnecessarily cause them to be triggered. That's not a decision that should be taken lightly.
3 years

Fuzzy or nah?

MaybeAdam:
When it come to male bellies do y'all prefer fuzzy or shaved? Why?

Prefer no hair, but am totally okay with a bit of hair in certain places ... not all over like a wild animal. I like to snuggle ... I don't want to get scratched, tickled, or more hot than I need to when I do smiley
4 years

4 b's cinnamon rolls (butter, bacon, bananas & bourbon)

It's been awhile, but this one was a challenge, ... well the butter, bacon, and bourbon part was anyway. They didn't think it was possible to combine all three into something good, but here you go ...

4 B'S CINNAMON ROLLS (BUTTER, BACON, BANANAS & BOURBON)

Makes 16 cinnamon rolls with topping, cut everything in half for 8 or refrigerate the topping for later. It's great on toast.

PASTRY INGREDIENTS
- 2 Packages of Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll Dough or make your own if you're brave (I suck at anything that requires dough to rise)

FILLING INGREDIENTS
- 1 Package of Bacon (I found a Maple Bourbon flavored one)
- ½ Cup Butter
- ¼ Cup Honey (Microwave 15 Seconds)
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup (Microwave 15 Seconds)
- ¼ Cup Bourbon (Optional, Can Use Water Instead)
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 4 Small or 2 Large Ripe Bananas, Mashed

PREPARATION:
1. Prepare bacon and set aside to cool. Should be crispy.
2. Preheat oven to 400
3. TOPPING: In a medium saucepan, add butter, honey, syrup, and bourbon (or water). Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently until melted and evenly combined.
4. TOPPING: Add in sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon, continuing to heat and stir until melted and evenly combined.
5. Put cinnamon rolls into oven, and set timer per the directions on the packaging.
6. TOPPING: Chop up cooked bacon. Should be in very small or crumb size pieces depending on your preference. Once done add to to topping mixture.
8. TOPPING: Add in mashed bananas, reduce to low and continue to stir frequently for 10 minutes then set aside to cool.
9. ASSEMBLY: Once cinnamon rolls are done, allow to cool until warm then spread topping on top and drizzle the icing that came with the rolls on top.
4 years

Banana honey snickerdoodle cookies

BANANA HONEY SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES

I've talked about them enough in chat that I figured I should share them. Here is the recipe for the best Snickerdoodle Cookies you will ever taste. They are so good, they are famous where I'm from.

Makes 30 Medium or 20 Large Cookies

INGREDIENTS
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Small to Medium Bananas
- 4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Ts Salt
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 3/4 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar & 2 Tbsp Cinnamon for Rolling

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. In large bowl mix softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar together until creamy, then mix in your egg, vanilla, and honey.
3. Mash bananas and add to your mixture, along with the baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until bananas evenly spread throughout dough.
4. Add flour slowly, mixing at higher speed (dough can be a bit much for smaller mixers to handle, you may want to use a combination of a mixer and hand stirring).
5. Place dough in refrigerator (about 15-30 min.) and prepare your sugar and cinnamon blend on a plate. Then place non-stick foil or parchment paper on your baking sheets and spray with either butter or flour spray.
6. Clean up your prep area and take out your dough. Now roll it into small size balls (about golf ball size for medium cookies, they will rise when cooking). Once you have your ball, roll it around in your sugar and cinnamon mixture, then place on the baking sheet. Depending on your baking sheet size, you will be able to fit about 8 – 12 cookies.
7. Bake for 12 minutes. Cookies should still be soft and easy to shift if touched. Leave on the pan for a few minutes for cookies to harden a bit, then move to a cooling rack until ready to eat.
4 years

Five cheese baked mostaccioli or ziti

FIVE CHEESE BAKED MOSTACCIOLI OR ZITI

Makes 10x15 dish, serves 6-8 people (cut in ½ for less or save extra for leftovers)

INGREDIENTS
- 16 Oz Box of Mostaccioli or Ziti Pasta
- 2 13 Oz Packs (8 links) of Italian Chicken Sausage (or other sausage type)
- 2 Tbsp Minced Onion (Dried or Fresh)
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic (Dried or Fresh)
- 2 Tbsp Rosemary (Dried or Fresh)
- Olive Oil
- 2 25 Oz Jars of Favorite Tomato Sauce (I use a San Marzano Tomato based sauce)
- 4 Cups Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan/Romano/Asiago/Provolone Blend (or other combination of cheese)

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. PASTA: Fill a large pan with water and cook on high until boiling.
3. SASUAGE: While waiting for water to boil, heat olive oil in pan and add onion, garlic, and rosemary. Heat on medium until soft if fresh, or until aroma is released, then add in sausage. Break it apart into a ground sausage size and continue cooking on medium until done (about 10-15 minutes).
4. PASTA: Add to boiling water and cook for 10 minutes. It should be al dente, not too soft. Drain and set aside for assembly.
5. ASSEMBLY: Pour half a jar of pasta sauce into bottom of glass dish or pan, then spread half of drained pasta evenly on top. Top with half a jar of pasta sauce, then spread half of sausage evenly on top. Press down with spatula. Spread two cups of mozzarella cheese, and ½ cup of four cheese blend over sausage, then pour half a jar of pasta sauce over it. Spread second half of drained pasta on top, then pour final half jar of pasta sauce over it. Top with other half of sausage, then press down with spatula, and add two cups of mozzarella cheese, and ½ cup of four cheese blend on top.
6. BAKING: Bake for 20 minutes with foil loosely tented on top (avoid it touching top of cheese so it doesn’t stick to it. After 20 minutes, remove foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until cheese melted as much as desired.

ADD BREAD: Buy or make a fresh loaf of Italian or French style bread and cut into 1-inch slices. Add garlic spread and bake with pasta for 10 minutes after removing foil. Then add a layer of the four cheese blend or other cheese combo and bake for another 5-10 minutes until cheese melted as much as desired. Should finish at the same time as the pasta.
4 years

Apple spice muffins with crumb topping

APPLE SPICE MUFFINS WITH CRUMB TOPPING

Makes 24 muffins😊

MUFFIN INGREDIENTS
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider (1 Packet)
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Nutmeg
- ½ Tsp Cloves
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Cup Honey, warmed
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups Applesauce (4 Snack Size Containers)
- 4 Cups All Purpose or Pastry Flour

CRUMBLE TOPPING
- ½ Cup Flour
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Oatmeal (1 Packet)
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon (If Used Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, None)
- 6 Tbsp Butter Softened

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Pour apple cider into bottom of measuring cup, then pour in one cup of buttermilk. Microwave on high for one minute, stir, then sit aside until later.
3. Combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and mix on medium speed until creamy.
4. Add in eggs, honey, vanilla, and applesauce then mix on medium speed until evenly combined.
5. Slowly add in 2 cups of flour, one at a time, mixing on medium speed. Then add in buttermilk/cider and mix, then remaining 2 cups of flour and mix until evenly combined.
6. In a separate bowl, add dry topping ingredients and whisk until evenly combined. Then add in butter and push into mixture until spread throughout and crumbly.
7. Spray a muffin pan (or tins placed in pan), then use an ice cream scoop (2 TBSP) to fill each spot/tin ¾ of the way. Once done, cover top in crumble topping and bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and solid on top.
4 years

Plus size fashion

Have you tried Torrid. They are online and have shops in some areas. Prices may seem high, but they are constantly having sales, so things are usually like buy one get one half off. And if they have stores near you, clearance is usually buy one get one free. I usually get half off no matter when I buy, so it's not that bad and the clothes fit really well smiley
4 years
12345   loading