General

Fancy helping out on the site? new moderators needed!

Hi folks,

As you may be aware we are currently looking for some new moderators to join our team!

If you're a regular on the site and have some spare time to help out then we would love to hear from you!

As a moderator you will be responsible for keeping the site an enjoyable place by monitoring forums, chat, and site sections, ensuring the site rules are followed.

Moderator Tasks:

* Monitoring forums and help to resolve disputes in chat.

* Welcoming people in chat, and keeping the chat lively and on topic.

* Reporting issues to site owner / mod team.

* Checking site sections and removing content that is inappropriate.

* Issuing Warnings /Bans

* Ad Hoc tasks - This could be if we introduce a new site feature that needs testing etc...

All of this helps the site run as smoothly as possible and keeps Fantasy Feeder an enjoyable space for our Feedism community.

If this sounds like something you would be interested in. Leave a quick comment below and we will be in touch!

Thanks!

c00kie
FF Team
1 year

I would be interested in joining the team
1 year

i would be interested
1 year

Hi,
What would be a typical time commitment?
or
the opposite end of how much or little?
1 year

I would be interested in joining.
1 year

Well, i enjoyed it when i did it before, middle of last decade, focusing on testing stuff and helping people more than enforcement, until i had an urgent need to vanish for several years due to an extremely triggering private message exchange (which had zero to do with what i was doing for moderation/site QA).

If my history’s not too much of a negative, and existing Team FF thinks i could be useful and a good fit, i’m down for it.

Advantage (anyone in this time zone): being in Pacific Time (UTC -7 or -8 depending) can provide easy coverage for UK overnights.

Disadvantage: i haven’t been in chat since before the FF2 version went live, so i might let y’all down there.

Haven’t been on FF as often in recent years as i was middle of last decade, but could easily make it a near-daily commitment with no hardship.
1 year

karenjenk:
Hi,
What would be a typical time commitment?
or
the opposite end of how much or little?

Hi, and thanks for your question!

It really depends on how quickly you get used to the site sections as reviewing content is usually what takes up most of the admin time.

If you are responsible for only 1 content section and 1 forum - then I would say it would take no more than around 30mins a day.

It also depends on what content section you would be checking, for example the picture section takes longer as it is a popular section with many uploads.

We find its best for a daily log in and quick check to keep on top of things. If you only come to the site a couple times a week that's fine, but when you log on it might take you a little longer to catch up.

I will be trying to assign multiple mods to most sections so we have cover, or if sections are busy then there is proper support and backup.

I hope that helps!

Thanks for everyone who has shown interest so far. I will wait until early next week to get in touch with you all just to give people a chance to see the thread and respond.

c00kie
FF Team
1 year

Yo, I’m here a lot but sometimes flakey, if you need a UK person though I’d be interested 🌚
1 year

I would love to get involved! I’m an experienced comms officer/ social media manager and I’d love to help keep FF safe, fun and enjoyable for everyone 👍🏻
1 year

Sure, why not.

Especially if it's a story mod. We got people posting things who don't know how to use the space bar and uh, yeah. I think we can do a whole lot better in that department.
1 year
12   loading