Premium subscribers... what do you think?

I have read the free samples for a lot of the premium authors, or at least a bunch of their older work and even now the quality seemed super low. Also I don’t want to pay money for unfinished stuff. I’d rather have the option to purchase finished stories from an author I like (like your stories) on kobo or something.
Most of the premium stories just aren’t what I want at all.
4 years

Story searching improvements

Thank you for listening to us.
But i still wish there was a way to filter out all the premium content for a more streamlined viewing experience. (Also to help when people post like 10 chapters free then suddenly switch out of the blue to paid. It would just make it easier to search)
4 years

Mind control/corruption weight gain stories

Most of my stories revolve around that theme. Just look up Biddygal under the author name smiley
5 years

Redesign of stories section

I still maintain that there should be a search function where you can opt out of seeing premium stories, see them mixed in or even a listing of all the premium stories are. For those that are considering paying they should be able to see a full listing of all the stories/authors they will have access too. Because right now it seems like there are like three authors only, but I’d love to know if that statistic was wrong. It would be a much better selling point for y’all on FF if you could show all the stories/authors people would have access too with an easier search function AND give those premium authors a potential boost.
5 years

The way the story section works now you can sort by “most recent”. Is there anyway that can just be for when somthing is actually added? Certain authors are just changing photos or I dunno, making it seem like their story has been edited so their few stories are ALWAYS at the top. And with the way the new story area works their stories take up nearly all of the first page.
I dunno, could there be a block filter so an author no longer shows up in searches? It’s reallt annoying to see the same set of stories by the same person at the top of the page every single time you log in and try and search for new stuff for recently updated stuff. They aren’t even actually updating they are just gaming the system to keep their stories on the front page.
5 years

There really needs to be a way to select multiple people gaining and multiple themes. And Force feeding is a huge topic in a lot of these. Maybe a tagging system similar to AO3 or tumblr? The drop down is really limiting to authors and readers. In general the search function is way too broad.
5 years

Questions about premium stories

hiccupx:
I�m not sure exactly how many premium stories there are, but as you say there must be at least 10, which for $9.99 would work out a lot cheaper than purchasing the stories individually.

Plus new premium stories are being written all the time and you also get access to all the premium pics and videos, of which there are now hundreds.

Well, one, I only want access to stories. I wish there was a cheaper story only thing. I have zero desire to do anything with the rest of the features. And two, the stories aren’t really worth 9.99 if they aren’t finished or never get finished. Those ten stories are pretty much written by around three people, only one of which I really enjoy (your search function is really hard to navigate so it’s hard to tell for sure. There is no “show all”’or “show only premium” or “show free only” Option, which should be included in the drop down.) so no, it’s not worth a monthly fee for one unfinished story with no guarantee to be finished story.
You yourself have posted before about how all the stories on here should be free for people to enjoy, so suddenly switching over to a pay model is jarring.
5 years

Questions about premium stories

What exactly makes a story eligible for premium? Before anyone puts down money shouldn’t we be able to get an idea of what we are going to pay for? A lot of authors never finish their stories, so I’m just curious if there are guidelines an author has to meet before they can make their story premium. And how does a story go from free to premium? Is there just a way to sign up or a button to press? How is the stuff paid? There didn’t seem to be any sort of FAQ page or thread for writers to follow or find. Also, that’s a lot of money just to read what? Like 10 stories? There isn’t a way to just get the stories or pay per story.
5 years

Can't post story of any length

i hope you got that hot chocolate smiley
8 years

Can't post story of any length

i think the issue is that FFs posts run by character count (letters, numbers, spaces, special char etc.) and not words. The phrase you posted as your example

this is 5 words and i’m getting the below message, please help, thanks! smiley

is only 74 characters long. You need a min. of 2,000 characters to post, and it can;t be more than 10,00 characters. Not words, characters.

I made the same mistake when i posted the first chapter of my story.

It happens.
8 years
123   loading