Any ff community in australia?

Due to less population density than the US or UK, for example, we're not likely to congregate. There are simply less of us. That's not to say there are no feeder/feedees in this coutnry. It's just that we're more likely to be out there completely unknown to each other.
5 years

New terminology to match new ways of thinking about fat and thin

SkinnyGainer3:
Also it's starting to sound like disdain towards thinner people. We shouldn't lower our standards and be dismissive of thinner people just because some sad people are dismissive of fat people.

Not everyone who is thin is thinner because they are afraid of getting fat either, I will add. For some of us we are naturally that way (and eat more than many fat people too).

Exactly. I'm one of those naturally thin people.

Once again, for me any disdain comes when I'm more pessimistic. That's what depression does. Makes you think negatively. Not only towards yourself, but towards other people too. You just have to always be mindful of how to be a reasonable human being and not hold strangers to standards that don't directly impact you...
5 years

New terminology to match new ways of thinking about fat and thin

tomsiliconejones:

However, I would like to know what ways do people think about thin women in ways that are dismissive of them, in the same way that most people are dismissive of the voluptuous fat women that we love.

During my more depressed spells, in which my pessimism towards other human beings is harder to control, I think of skinny women as being weak-minded for giving in to the pressure society puts on them to punish themselves and stay thin. This is very disingenuous of me. But it's nevertheless my first fleeting thought before I clear the idea from my mind, in the same way someone else would think of a fat girl as being weak-minded for giving into food so easily. I wish I didn't sometimes think about skinny girls this way. It's unfair of me to have that thought. There are countless societal pressures that I, along with everybody else, give into. I have no real grounds to point at them and accuse them of "not thinking" or something... But I still wish girls (as well as men) didn't get that sharp pang of anxiety every time they hear the word "weight". It's mentally harmful. People would be so much better off without it. I watch friends of mine get sick with anxiety about it because they think the first thing that happens when you get fat is your worth plummets so low that everyone around you would sell you for a grape.
5 years

Soothing music

The Icelandic post-rock band "Sigur Ros" has some slower, more instrumental works. See the album "Valtari" or "Riceboy Sleeps". It hits a soulful spot for me.
5 years

Fetish/preference signs

marakinsis:

Also - mapping non-feedist kinks to a colour seems counterintuitive to me. You've mapped black to BDSM related stuff, but that's got nothing to do with feederism at all. There's already a BDSM Pride and Leather Pride flag. Have the feederism colours just be for feederism. There's nothing stopping someone from wearing more than one flag.

Actually this is a good point. BDSM is not what comes to mind when I think of feederism.
5 years

Fetish/preference signs

fs_69_mailme:
You are right.

I came up with the idea of allowing the users to choose a percentage amount of the colors. So one can give more or less priority to the individual aspects. Like dom feeders might give black and brown more weight (pun intended) and FAs could make the heart bigger.

Maybe that'll work as a first draft at least.

It's so impressive the amount of work you're putting into this already. It's a good idea, the voting percentage thing. Has democratic elements.
5 years

Fetish/preference signs

fs_69_mailme:
I just started with the graphics, but after checking out the color scheme again, I noticed, that at least not the subfetishes of this site (fa, feeder, feedee, gainer, foodie) are not completely mapable to the feederism pride flag.

The colors there mean:

Black: Dom/sub, leather, lace, s/m and the like
Vanilla: fat preference
Strawberry: stuffing
Brown: weight gain
Heart: fat admiration/appreciation

Any ideas about how to manage that? Should each community map their own chosen subfetishes to the colors? Should we broaden/change the color scheme?

Thanks

Kisses
Fs

As far as preferences site-to-site go, I'm not convinced everything needs to be included. If we were to forget for a moment about all these related sites, hell, even forget that the internet exists -- what 5 to 10 preferences would we write on a list? We can't give every single preference a colour, because we'd just end up with a banner featuring every colour on the hex-code sheet and looking like a muddy mess. While you and I might be able to answer the 5 - 10 core preferences ourselves, we of course must consider different opinions. It almost calls for some sort of widespread poll. Problem is, that's a lot of hard work to start, maintain, manage and wrap. It's likely we wouldn't even get the best participation rate, either.

I'm aware I've just presented a problem without contributing towards a solution, but I really am stuck on that one.
5 years

Fetish/preference signs

fs_69_mailme:
In my eyes, the heart could describe an overall love for the feedist lifestyle. This could be the sign for people, who are not directly into this kink, but who would like to show their overall support and respect.

Bigfatbellyfan:
Curious, what do you consider the "Feedist Lifestyle"?

I definitely have my own variation of a "Feeder Lifestyle".

I guess it might have to be one those broad, undefinable things that you can't atomize, like how many "lifestyles" there are under the LGBTQ+ banner. I don't think having a banner or icon for fat appreciation means we have to constrain everything under it to a single lifestyle. That's the neat thing about symbols. They can denote a range of things at once.
5 years

Fetish/preference signs

Oooo I'm loving the responses this thread is getting. I really hope this finds enough momentum to take off, because it clearly hasn't before, to the extent that it reaches as many eyes as possible...

fs_69_mailme:
I will wrap up a graphic explaining the colored bands when I have some time and prepare a document.

About discord: there's this list, but it's definitely not exhaustive:

reddit.com/r/gainers/comments/7wps0e/fatfeederism_discords_the_comprehensive_list/

A graphic would be glorious. If it's right, we could go on a mini crusade and start a thread about it on as many boards as we can think of.

hiccupx:
we could use the colours to decorate anything we like, jewellery, mugs, clothing etc. I like the symbol of the doughnut, which gives it extra meaning.

fs_69_mailme:
You missed the heart at the center.

nofbar:
The heart in the center seems superfluous.

I'm not sure where I stand on having a heart or no heart. The argument might point us back to the "officiality" of the original fetish wiki page, or the "ingenuity" of taking it into our own hands and making something new.
5 years

Fetish/preference signs

While this forum might not be the main hotspot, it's one of many. We are all over the place. Best we can do is try to influence each main hotspot to incorporate it somehow.

Discord definitely has many channels. There'd have to be compiled somewhere.

I can't prepare a template post right now. But creating a shared google document might be the way to go about this. Slowly chip away at a statement or something.
5 years
12345   loading