Food & mood

I have a great little story about this, but first I need to set the stage: I'm a seafarer, so I spend fully half of my life at sea.

Two things you need to know about this:
1: the quality of the food is highly dependent on the steward department....good cooks equals good food.
2: most of the time there is plenty of said food....and it's free! ...are you getting any ideas yet?

So anyway, on one particular trip we didn't have the greatest cook (terrible, actually) and morale suffered because of it. One day, me & the rest of the engine crew were gathered for evening muster and were talking about the whole food situation and how some of us got served partly raw chicken. This awful cook had been months by now and this was the breaking point for one of my fellows. I'll call him crewman #6.

Crewman #6 throws up is hands and says "that's it! Time to enact tha plan."
The rest of us look bemused and ask what is this plan you speak of.
He gives a smug look, pulls out a clipboard and starts giving orders very uncharacteristic of his normal personality. We are all then send in different directions to collect ingredients for breaded chicken. When we regroup, we find crewman #6 has procured a fry daddy from God knows where. No matter! We set to task with fury and prepared our feast. Such solidarity I have never seen!

Soon all was ready to eat and even a small chocolate cake was made!...I still don't know how. My first bite brought me to tears, it was so delicious!

The end (true story!)
1 year

A non feedist partner

*taking notes*

Munchies is like a national treasure...
1 year

Unexpected everyday issues when getting fatter

Ssbhmjoe:
Oh! Recently I have realized I have to drive with 2 feet now because my belly falls so far between my legs I can't move the right one over far enough to hit the breaks. So I have to use my left foot to break and the right for gas.

Left foot braking is an advanced racing driver technique!

I'm going to try to learn it soon too....though perhaps not for the same reasons.
1 year

Wanting to make “professional” feedist content.

I like stories about this sort of thing alot, so seeing similar as a video would probably be glorious!
1 year

Dear ladies of ff

Enas:
Calling them out isn't gonna do much. I'm trying to say that, okay call them out, and then try to actually explain to them why what they're doing is bad as well! Because it harms others! That last bit is the importand one! And im trying to do that! It's not even uncomfortable, but it's very hard to achieve!
But after you've done the first bit, it's a great chance to also try to educate them! Don't let that chance go to waste!

Calling my friends out comes with the fact said friend has just earned my disapproval...you wanna continue to disrespect women/minorities? You will lose me as a friend.

As for others, it's just simple social pressure: people can just feel the disapproval in the tone if nothing else. Others may start to agree with you...or at least ask you what that was all about.

Personally, I don't try to teach people stuff unless they ask (proving they might actually be receptive to a new idea).

It turns out trying to bring up facts & logic as a way to change someone's mind or behavior virtually never works. It all stems from the fact that most will never trust your words as credible over their own sources...and it doesn't matter how right you are either.

So in conclusion, the best you can really manage is to make it hurt...make the misbehaved feel that they might lose something if they continue.

Also, sorry for the self righteous tone, I'm still learning about writing like this. I hope this is still just a discussion, and really I just wanna save you alot of waisted effort if I can.
1 year

Dear ladies of ff

Yes! Call em out! Yes, it's very uncomfortable to do so, but it's probably unbelievably frustrating for women who have to deal with crap on the daily, so think of it as the *least* you can do.
1 year

Why am i scared of fat talk?

Hmmmm, I dunno. If that's the kind flat tone they use, it's just not nice. Folks have got to just come to terms with the fact that some, if not most fat folks are gonna be sensitive to the tone of a comment.

Example: if my date pulls up her shirt for the first time and see just how big her belly is, I'm not gonna say, 'wow, that's pretty big' in a monotone voice.

I'm gonna grin & say 'woah! Look at what a big treasure you've been hiding!' More likely, I would omit the word 'big' altogether.

Also, things might change if you meet a real person who flat out likes the way you look.

Having come to terms with being an FA a long time ago means I've also changed my mind about those "critical areas" I'm not sure what you specifically mean by that, but I'm willing to bet those have turned into some of my favorite areas!

In conclusion: I don't really think this is a "you" problem. Just make it known how you feel these things. There is no shame in being sensitive.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum!
1 year

Dear ladies of ff

Oh my gosh bro! We are getting seriously carried away here! I mean I think we are on the same here and love to talk about it all just to help me to understand things clearly (one of the only reasons to engage in discussion in the first place, amirite?)

But this is FF...and I just wanna have a pretty girl happily nibble doughnuts from my hand.🤪

For the here & now, maybe we should look more mundane things we could do to make the forums a nicer place to be.

What say you, brother? ✊️
1 year
1234   loading