Ai images

FAMGM:
Is it just me, or is anyone else getting sick of seeing AI images of fat people?

I’ve enjoyed a few when I first saw them, because it’s fun to imagine an actual human having those proportions, but my objections are:

(1) from the point ot view of feedist discourse: it’s getting really repetitive, it’s already unoriginal, and some forums are just awash with it like it’s actually worth something.

(2) from the point of view of feedist culture: I can see that some feedists, who’ve discovered a love for their shape after years of feeling inadequate, are going to feel that even as feedes/gainers/bb-whatevers that they’ll never attain the unrealistic proportions of AI;

(3) purely aesthetically: it ignores the subtle things that can be appreciated in a fat body, like the way overhang just starts at the hip, in a softly forming bulge that spills over itself, in favour of overt disproportion.

Thank you especially for #2. As a non-gaining feedee, I am constantly reminded how my body isn't good enough by both feedists and vanilla people. I'm too fat or not fat enough. Of course as someone who also adores FA/feedist and inflation/expansion artwork, of course there are things I like to see visualized that simply can't happen IRL. But especially the traditional portrait model style of AI images that can easily be done IRL, yeah, those bother me big time.

But more importantly, AI "art" is theft, pure and simple. There is no ethical application of AI "art" if you are not the original artist regenerating/revisualizing your own work. Die mad about it, my mind will never be changed on this. There are practical applications for AI in other mediums, but art and writing ain't it.

I have used some AI generators for visualizing ideas for reference (eg having something to look at so I can write and describe it) but only when I couldn't find another reference image. And I would never pass it off as "art" I created.
5 months

Traveling

I can't offer much by way of physical logistics as they apply to extra-large travelers, but I can offer what it is I do to keep travel costs down.

The first thing that comes to mind with regards to seating availability or requirement is to research the aircraft scheduled for a flight you are shopping for. Flights are scheduled about/up to 11 months ahead of time, and that the very least you will know which model of aircraft on that route, if not the specific registration itself. This way you may be able to research which seats it has installed, since they are ever-changing and shrinking.

As for money/time:

1) I personally do not use third parties like expedia or kayak. Whenever possible I book a nonstop flight directly with the airline itself. A long haul flight may be 1 or 2 hundred dollars more (though not always the case and oftentimes equal price or less!) but it is worth the peace of mind. You don't want to be racing between gates and stuck without luggage if you cannot easily replace clothes in your size (or deal with changing aircraft models as suggested above). Perhaps consider a stayover if there is a far destination that cannot be reached nonstop.

2) red eyes are almost always lower price and less booked.

3) invest in good luggage now if you haven't already. shop around, get a whole set. This isn't something most consider these days but good luggage is supposed to last awhile (see previous point about replacing clothes! smiley

4) I find the best flights and timing in the shoulder seasons for international travel relative to the destination. I had roundtrip nonstop from Europe for $600 in March and even flew roundtrip from South America for $450 (this one included stop overs but I was meeting up with interstate friends anyway).

5) foreign airlines tend to have higher standards than domestic ones. points rack up pretty easily even without credit cards. Points = cheaper flights later, upgrades, etc.

6) Amtrak and Greyhound also have loyalty programs! If you are traveling domestically, it may be worth considering Amtrak if it's along a route and getting a sleeper room (They have different styles/levels but can be guaranteed privacy and comfort). Again sticker shock can be high, but the stress makes travel far more accessible and convenient.

Basically it's worth to invest upfront when you start traveling then experience return on that later. It sucks but is true and the peace of mind will be worth it.

And of course if you have decent credit, certainly explore what perks may come along with your account if you have one.
5 months

How to write a dating forum post

Munchies:
Lmao!!!!

Only way this would work is if there were a form to fill out for the initial post and then you allow free form responses.

Like profiles? haaaaaa
5 months

Haircuts and such

HappyBigBelly:
You always play the same note :-) At least the trumpet still works, I guess.

Oh if we're going with objectifying analogies, I keep playing the same note because what a shocker, you have absolutely no pitch or sense of tone and *still* can't manage to match the frequency of "treat other people like actual human beings."
5 months

Haircuts and such

HappyBigBelly:

Recently, she’s cut it a bit shorter to where it’s poofier in the back bit crunchy due to all the goop she puts in it to accentuate her curls. She’s mentioned keeping it short forever, which is surprisingly fine with me.

Wondering how I can encourage her to keep going wild with shorter and shorter hair without pushing too hard? I am so seriously excited at the thought of her with a short, tight buzzed ‘do or maybe just shaving it bald and see what happens :-)

You do understand she is a whole person and not your personal doll to dress? Like seriously, this isn't that hard. "[wife's name], I just wanted to share how much your current hairstyle really suits you! What are your thoughts about it? Have you thought about any other styles in the future? Would you be open to suggestions or ideas I have?"

Instead of manipulating your partners, fucking talk to them and ask them things. It's not that hard.

Honestly questions like this overall absolutely nauseate me. Over and over and over again, it's not about "Encouraging" your partner to do anything. It's about seeing them as a WHOLE PERSON with their own feelings and autonomy. And time and time and time again, people here admit with their whole chest that they not only see their spouses and partners as people but have no interest in adjusting that perspective.

If I ever saw a partner of mine make a thread like this, I would not only dump them on the spot, I would ghost them.
5 months

Don't know if this counts but i love balloon stuffing or suit inflation

I've always wanted to get some berry suits. There are some cool models out there. I've also explored the idea of getting fillable bellies as well, but those are $$$
6 months

This fetish never truly goes away, does it?

My interest in it always comes and goes. I am neurodivergent so I will hyperfocus on it sometimes then back off to work on life and health etc. But it's always been there. It's normal for everyone!
6 months

How does the community cultivate more respect for real dating?

to answer your original thread question, it really starts with stuff outside of the community in general. If an individual enters it without respect for themselves or others, and is not held accountable for that, it will permeate.
6 months

Could we get a agree to the chat rules pop up before being allowed to join chat

another thing I was thinking about today, perhaps down the road, is minimum *account* age in order to chat and/or DM. Lots of people constantly re-deleting accounts, going into chat, harassing people, and leaving. can't even be caught before they dip out again. If an account had to be minimum 3-7 days old it could curb that a bit. Wouldn't completely elminiate the problem but would help catch IP evaders and the like also.
7 months

Tagging/badging blocked users

Thank you! Appreciate the ocnsideration!
7 months
34567   loading