Who plays tabletop rpgs?

I've played D&D for a few years, but I'd love to play Mistborn and Vampire: The Masquerade. Hopefully I can talk my group into playing those soon...
9 years

California girls?

Being in SoCal I'm going to be pretty mainstream and say that I freaking love the weather. I wish it rained more so that we were out of this critical drought, but otherwise I can't help loving the almost consistent 70's.
9 years

Music as a muse?

Generally in the foreword or dedication I've seen authors post some music that helped inspire them. I've also read of authors who had to go on retreats where they could have complete silence to pretty much meditate on what they wanted to write. Different strokes for different creative folks!

I can be very picky about what I choose from my playlist. I can go anywhere from Wojciech Kilar to Muse. Still there is a dominant theme of somberness to whatever I listen to.

I always wonder what type of genres/themes/tempos people use to get in the mood.
9 years

University shoutouts

California State University, San Marcos.

Just transferred from my local community college. I'm starting off by pursuing a BA in literature and writing, but hoping to end with an MA in literacy education. Also contemplating whether to minor in anthropology, biology, Spanish, or music. I would do all of them if it were feasibly possible....
9 years

Music as a muse?

I know a lot of writers deal with this. Music and writing sometimes go hand in hand. I thought it would be nice to have a thread going about music and writing. As a writer do you find yourself listening to music to help you get creative? If so, I'd love to hear what you listen to!

I have a very special playlist that I have on repeat of all my favorite songs to listen to while writing. Sometimes I'll just have one specific song on repeat for hours because it fits the mood I need for writing. Any quirks like that around here too?
9 years

Wildstar! who else is excited?

My boyfriend is into this game like crazy. I would play with him, but I'm too busy and would rather be reading. I've heard it's phenomenal though. He says it's better than WoW.
9 years

Currently listening to

Flow my tears - John Dowland
9 years

Fetishes

To list a few:
Height/size difference (Huge guy/Little lady)
Squashing
Dominant feedee
Male weight gain
9 years

Favorite music.

My favorite music varies from Rock to the New Age. The only thing I don't really enjoy is country and rap. At the moment I've been listening solely to Baroque operas.
12 years

Why does hollywood kill things

Because money is money and whatever gets the dollars rolling in will be used in Hollywood. Especially trash like Twilight which has brought in big figures despite it being one of the worst series of books and movies.

(My view on Harry Potter stands that it is a very well written series but not adapted to film as best as it could have been. Despite that they were still adequate representations of the series.)
12 years
123   loading