Fashion for larger men

I've come across various sites and blogs about fashion for plus size women, but haven't seen any real male equivalent. All my searches for big mens fashion have either turned up clothing sites selling rather dull and basic clothes in various enormous sizes, or "guides" on how to dress as a big man, which basically boil down to "don't wear anything baggy or anything tight, and try to hide your man-tits as much as possible" which is insultingly basic compared to the wealth of info and advice you can find on constructing a look for smaller men.

What I'm looking for i guess, is the male equivalent of the fatshionista movement. I'm not huge man by any means (L top, 36 jeans), but i'm also not small enough to pull off a lot of the looks that slim guys can get away with. Although most highstreet stores sell clothes I can wear, the vast majority of them are dull and generic, and I'd quite like to look a little more interesting than that. Looking chubby and unique is way more attractive to me than trying to appear slimmer and ending up looking indistinct.

Can anyone give me any pointers? Good places to look for advice, good places to shop etc etc. Also anything related to the topic of good clothes for big guys is welcome in this thread.
13 years

Vegetarian

I'm vegan. Most people are kind of surprised when I tell them. I guess most people's idea of a vegan is a pasty stick figure, and I'm a pretty well-built chubby guy. My personal philosophy is that I want to live my life without causing or contributing to, the death, destruction or suffering of any undeserving creature. Obviously, this is just an ideal, some small animals inevitably die in the harvesting of vegetables and grains and numerous other situations - but I'm trying. I think living without animal products is actually remarkably easy in a lot of wealthy western countries, and if I have the choice, I will always pick the least harmful option.

Having said that, I don't usually bring up my diet unless people ask or start being really persistent about me eating something with meat/dairy in it.

I'm definitely NOT one of those people that tries to convert others or looks down on people for eating animal products. I would rather hang out with people who eat nothing but steak than snooty self-superior vegetarians/vegans. If people know the realities of where their food comes from and they're happy about it, then there isn't really a problem as far as I'm concerned. Of course this means I also take issue with meat-eaters who only eat processed meat and cringe at the site of an actual animal carcass as if it's somehow morally different to the food they eat.

I guess I just like people who THINK about what they eat (well, thinking about what you do in general is always good) whether that be full omnivorism, vegetarianism or veganism.

appologies for thread-necromancy by the way smiley
13 years

Metalheads unite!

just got done listening to Mayhem's Mediolanum Capta Est. Forgot how ***ing brutual that album is. Grand Declaration of War now smiley
13 years

Tips for aproaching single women

Why is confidence so important to women? I see it time and time again with threads and discussions similar to this one. Women can appear cute or smart or shy, or feisty or creative or quirky or geeky or glamorous or trashy or just about any style, appearance or demeanor (as long as some amount of effort has gone into it) and there will be men that lust after them. But for guys it's just confidence.

So why is a man so often required to just emphasize confidence in himself and his actions and little else? Surely a woman's libido is about more than just which guy can be the biggest confidence radiator?

In any case, is not honesty a more attractive virtue? I'd like to think it takes more strength to be honest and be yourself than it does to pretend to be all confident and macho trying to impress people. Even if you succeed with the confidence approach she's going to find out who you really are at some point.

Sorry honey, you are beautiful and you seem really cool - but that puts me right on the edge of my seat cuz you're WORTH getting nervous about. I can't pretend to be a swaggering confidence-machine unless I'm not that bothered about what happens when I talk to you. Just because I think you're so gorgeous it makes me weak at the knees to think about, doesn't mean i'm going to be any better or worse a potential boyfriend for you than a guy who marches up to you and constantly tries to put across how confident and amazing he is.

I'm not just being a naive loser, I know I'm not! Cuz I also don't understand this as a bisexual man when other guys approach me. I'm really not that bothered about how confident men are per-se. Being honest and being interesting and being fun have tenfold importance over being confident if a guy approaches me. So long as you don't have a complete and total lack of self-confidence, it isn't an issue.

I realize the tone of this post could be misconstrued as whiny, but all I'm really doing is questioning why things are this way. Or have I just gotten the wrong impression? Is advice like this mostly aimed at men who have no confidence whatsoever?
14 years

Confessions pt. 2

I'm lonely, but I've never had a good experience with love so my fear of hurting someone and being hurt myself prevents me from really looking for a proper partner. I'll probably make the mistake of going out with the next decently attractive person that shows an interest, and then i'll be back to square one before long.

My family just has a ridiculous history of divorce and breakups, and my personal history mostly consists of me falling for people, saying we love each other, and then the other person telling me they never really meant it, or they've fallen for someone else. I know it's not my fault because i've discussed it in therapy and with friends and I know these people wouldn't bullshit me and let me carry on making myself miserable if it was something to do with me. So I can only assume that I'm just unlucky. I know i'm usually attracted to unstable people with issues - which doesn't help - but if I don't fancy someone, then i can't really do anything about it. I think perhaps I need to feel like I can offer something to my partner and people with issues have an obvious need for support and love, but most people with problems would rather have a distraction from them, rather than a partner that will help them get through. I don't know, it's all a minefield of confusing pseudo-psychology.

All I know is that if you put me in a room with 10 women I knew nothing about, I guarantee the one I'd be most attracted to would turn out to be bipolar, or bulimic or a drug addict or have a shitty boyfriend that beats her or something like that. I'd complain about this a whole lot less if the people I fell for actually wanted someone like me in their lives, unfortunately they seem to lose interest as quickly as they fall for me, and i'm left still hurting and thinking about them years later.
14 years

Metalheads unite!

Forest wrote
You guys ought to check Saturnalia Temple out... The best Stoner I've ever heard, and had the chance to see them live about two-three weeks back. It was stellar, and some guy was burning dope in a pot. smiley

]www.myspace.com/saturnaliatemple

I am loving this band so far, awesome dude smiley
14 years

Dont you hate......................

Wood_E wrote
when you see a really attractive female/male and you look at thier profile and pictures and he/she seems to be like the perfect match for you, than you look where thier from and its like 20 hours away from you? haha. i have done this so much its to the point where it drives me crazy!. i bet theres others who run into this alot.

You know what's worse than that? When you find someone who's hot, seems cool as ***, isn't too far away and then you read their profile and they have a partner already.
14 years
123   loading