Where do you draw the line?

This topic comes up again and again, from time to time, so let's present my usual definitions:

I wouldn't use weight alone, not even BMI, as people have different body proportions, fitness levels etc. regardless of weight.

I would use relative categories, mostly focused on their effects on daily life.

For 1 to 10 (I intentionally designed this system so that almost everyone fits into 1-6, ideal if you want to create fantasy scenarios with dice). I made this list with women in mind, but you can adjust them to men if you wanted

1: skin and bones, even those who prefer thin would call her too thin. Unhealthy and dangerous. Likely has an eating disorder.

2: thinner than average, but not clinically so.

3: most people would consider this to be normal, and strive to reach this weight if they differ from it.

4: chubby, considered above average weight by most people, but she can still hide the extra weight by carefully chosen clothing and camera angles.

5: definitely fat, and can no longer hide it. Still, the extra weight is not too limiting in most daily tasks and activities. If really attractive and has a great personality, might still be found desirable by those who aren't specifically into fatties (but they still see her weight as a major negative point)

6: obese, the weight starts to impose limits on many activities. People who aren't into fatties start feeling at least somewhat disgusted. Folds appear on different parts of the body regardless of posture, belly can firmly rest in the laps when sitting, some chairs become too tight, some difficulties when picking up things from the floor, basically the biggest size one can get without having either a severe eating disorder or being into feederism, and the biggest size most people will regularly see outside reality TV, or the Internet.

7. fatter than most things are designed for, problems with fitting into small cars, can't fit into some restaurant booths, and even the largest clothes in supersize clothing stores start becoming too small. I consider the border between 6 and 7 to be the border between BBW and SSBBW.

8. still being able to care for themselves, but only with great difficulties. Standing up, or going up a single flight of stairs, or walking more than a few dozen steps, or just standing more then a few minutes are all very exhausting. Basically the biggest size one can have while being able to live completely independently.

9. requires a caretaker for everyday life, but is not completely bedridden. Still, getting up is difficult and might require help.

10. immobility.
4 years

Could my boyfriend be an fa?

enomalie:
Plus, he doesn't have to be an FA to like your belly! Remember that he likes *you* and your belly is part of you. If you like something like him jiggling your belly, tell him! Chances are even if it isn't his thing personally, he'll be into the fact that it makes you happy.

And ofc, it might be his thing! He may not even know it's his thing yet!

Indeed. Being or not being an FA is not a binary choice between the two extremes of hating everyone who is not as thin as a stick versus wanting everyone to gain until immobility. There are many shades between them.
4 years

Comparison photos

You know what's the advanced version of comparison photos? Time lapse videos!

Too bad no one created a weight gain timelapse video yet.

There are time lapse videos about pregnancy and about hair growth. I didn't find any about weight gain.

It would be nice if anyone found the patience to do one.
4 years

Holding the stories section to ransom

BBWcreator82:
Or why don't you just pay a little bit to support the site so you can keep coming here and support the people who are actually trying to make something of themselves?
You could do that too.

Many of the premium stories, judging from the bland description (and poor spelling even in the description) seem to be of quite poor quality.
But without paying I cannot know it for certain, and the above indicators of poor quality won't really motivate me to pay.

Maybe there could be a few paragraph's worth of free preview for premium stories.
4 years

Gender neutral stories

marakinsis:
Can we mark stories' characters as gender-neutral?

This would be a good idea. Although I doubt there will be too many interested in it, it wouldn't hurt allowing this option.

marakinsis:
And, by extension, can those characters appear regardless of which gender is chosen for "character gaining weight" in the search?

No, please no! Those who don't care about the gender of the main character, can just refrain from using the filter.
But those people who do use a filter, are only interested in one specific gender, so it won't do any good to force other stories upon them.
4 years

Using the metric system

Although this website attracts an international audience, it seems the vast majority of members are from the USA, where they don't routinely use the metric system.

I try to avoid using numbers directly in stories, but sometimes the plot requires it.

In my recent story (next seat) both the setting and the plot requires metric units. I just used metric with a short explanation at the beginning, and I even hinted at an approximate conversion near the end, for those who don't want to take their time to calculate it or look it up.

So, I would like ask a few questions:

1. How familiar are US readers with metric weights? If I say someone weighs 100 kg, do they instantly realize whether it's thin, average, chubby or obese, or do they need to google it?

2. Is it OK how I used it in the story? The plot requires increments of ten, which would have been too small gains in pounds. And 10, 20, 30 looks better than 22, 44, 66 (or just 20, 40, 60). Also, the story is set in Europe. One might say the weights should be translated (just as the conversation is not necessarily in English in-universe), but then it might look odd to find characters talking about pounds in places where it's not used at all.
4 years

Fat and heathly?

It depends. Fat is not a 100% guarantee for bad health, it is a risk factor. It doesn't necessarily cause problems, it might just increase the chances for them to appear.

Just like smoking is a strong risk factor for lung cancer, but here are young people who never smoked and get lung cancer, and there are chain smokers who live to 90 years without having such problems. Still, it changes the odds.

I've seen people with relatively little extra weight suffering from it medically, and also people almost wider than tall without health problems.
4 years

Tips on how to be more open and less ashamed of being a feedee

subfeeder1994:
How can I feel less shame for liking this?

You have the perfect opportunity to prepare and to train yourself while you are still thin, which you very much are, even by non-FF standards, if your photos are recent.

You can start small, probing both yourself and others. You can still safely claim that you like eating a lot, most people will casually tell it doesn't seem to have an effect on you. By talking about it while you are thin and therefore it's not embarrassing, you can get comfortable in saying it and searching your feelings after you've said it.

Many thin women often pinch their skin and say that they've gained weight, if only for others to reassure them that they don't look fat. It's quite common, so if you asked "Am I looking fat in these clothes?", "I think I gained some weight", etc., people won't find it strange, and it won't be embarrassing, because many thin women say such things regularly. But you can use it to keep practicing saying that and taking note on how other people react and how you feel about it.

Therefore, if and when you gain enough weight for it to become visible, you won't be in the awkward situation of having to say something weight-related out loudly the first time in your life.
4 years

How are story views calculated?

i-am-eighteen-i-swear:

The take away from this: Complete your story (or a large chunk of it) then post. Do not post one or two, then slowly update. Without quick consistent updates, or large multichapter updates, the story will fall down in the section.

Yes, you are right, according to the recent changes. In the past a story was more visible if it was updated slowly, one chapter at a time.
I should have waited with my recent story until it was completely finished. Actually it is 99% finished, but there are parts I'm still doing some finishing about, but I couldn't wait and posted the first 1/3 of it. Next time I'll wait until it's completely finished.
4 years

Holding the stories section to ransom

Sadly, as I like to write short self-consistent stories, each with their own characters and themes, in a more literary style, I find that they face a very heavy disadvantage.

I could instead write a story with no grammar, no punctuation, where the title is only " gets fat", and the "story" is deliberately just random blabbering about higher and higher numbers showing up on the scale, some poorly written sexually explicit (but in no way erotic) parts which are just laden with expletives without any coherency, then break it up into dozens of very very short chapters (laden with whitespace), and I would get many orders of magnitude more views.

No, I must resist the temptation...
4 years
56789   loading