Too rude people on this site...

EIIe:
I see a lot of men on here quick to criticize women but rarely hold a mirror up to themselves.

this is soooooo true.

guys, if you keep having unsatisfying interactions with others over and over again, it's probably not them - it's you. so take a moment and examine: who are you interacting with? how do you interact with them? how do you think they perceive that? mentally step into their shoes and see if from their perspective.
2 years

Diaries/vlogs

Cameron22:
I was wondering if anyone kept regular diaries or vlogs of their gaining journeys, how they feel, thoughts, what is going on in their life, recipes, weight, measurements, videos etc? Sorry if this is in the wrong area I'm new to all this

there is something like that here, if you go to someone's profile and look at the "gainers."

i have not used it, but i know a bunch of users here have tracked their gains that way.
2 years

Face getting round, when?

CuriousAmy13:
What BMI/weight did you notice your face getting rounder?

it's so different for everyone. i put on more than 100 lbs and it didn't change my face in a significant way. it's been looking fuller more recently, and the double chin eventually arrived, lol.
2 years

it's not real life, but the same rules apply for the most part.

if you are going to message someone, or approach people them in chat, remember that your first impression is just as important online as it is in the physical world.

people come into the chat room all the time and make an inane comment to "bait" some kind of fat chat. from people. i ignore them, i think most of us in chat do. just like real life, you have to read the room - who is your audience.

i think most of us appreciate compliments on our appearance, but we also are more than just fat people or feeders, etc. there's a lot more than just the fetish if you want to make a personal connection, and i find that some people who log on here with a single-minded focus on the fetish often run out of things to chat about, honestly.
2 years

fatadmirer2021:
I been on here over a year, and I am not really impressed with the site. Tried Feabie and even worse. I try to be myself and its like people just about themselves and not take an interest in just having a conversation with me. Thinking of deleting my profile and go away again for a few months or even a couple of years and then maybe come back and see if its improved. Can't believe in this day and age people do not want to have one on one conversations anymore and kill some time in a positive way. I even paid for one month the full month price for premium membership and not much of an improvement. Too bad I cannot find some like minded people out there that like to just sit and conversate for a simple couple of hours on whatever is on their mind or open about their fantasies. I guess I become too old fashioned.

ok, i looked at your profile and your activity on the site... and i will throw in my two cents for what it is worth.

any place (online community or otherwise) will give you what you put into it.

if you want to be casually interactive, not invest too much, don't expect much in return.

i have made real friendships and real connections here. but it takes time, and you know, you actually have to meet people on their terms and give them a little rope, too.

if you want to come back in a couple years, i don't think you'll have any better luck - it's not the site, it's not the community that is going to change.

look to your own approach - what are you trying to get out of it. if you want to be an anonymous person who post impersonal pictures of food, you're not going to connect with anyone that way, now or in the future.
2 years

Who was your first internet bbw?

Auldntired:
Wow, this takes me back...I remember WrenSpot and Kelligirl, then Brooke and Becky.

totally feel the same way - what a call back to what feels like past lives (sticking with the highlander reference smiley...

kelligrl is the first really memorable bbw "celeb" that has been etched in my brain. i wonder where she is now?

i do remember brooke, too - mostly i think because she was canadian. smiley when you look back, these people were only active for a couple of years! and they are still remembered with affection.

dimensions website was my main hangout back then. i do remember seeing ff back early on, i think, but it was later that i started lurking here.

so many beautiful models have helped bring this interest forward - if you think back to those days, there were maybe dozens of us, and now it has grown so much. i think sites like ff have really done a lot help provide these havens for something that is still not widely accepted in the mainstream.
2 years

Feeders who got fat: share your story!

Captain Cake:
from spending time with her I naturally gained some and she always tried to make me keep up with her eating habits (and of course I often chose to have food to encourage her as well) and I found after gaining some that I actually really enjoyed it on myself too.

my experience was very similar - i have posted about it elsewhere in the forums, so i'll just summarize my experience: i was a fit, athletic feeder from my 20s and thru all of my 30s. it was when i started dating a ssbbw who was not interested in gaining that i kind of fell into it.

like @captain cake i found just being around her and her decadent eating & drinking habits had an effect on me. when we moved in together i was spending so much time with her that my gym time grew more and more infrequent. then it became a decision to "take some time off" from the gym, stop stressing about it, and just enjoy life.

the slippery slope was that some "time off" made it too hard to get back into going to the gym, and her influence on my appetites was too strong to resist! so even though we split up more than a year ago, i've continued to gain weight!

now my much slimmer girlfriend gets a kick out of feeding me sometimes. smiley which isn't helping me lose any weight, lol!
2 years

Tracking calories

i use fatsecret.com to track my calories consumed and burned (it's free, and the pick list of foods and restaurants is extensive which makes it fast for me):

fatsecret.com

and if you want to see what the impact will be over time, this body weight calculator can help turn calories (like those from fatsecret) into pounds over time:

fatcalc.com/bwp

it is good enough it can make a projection based on how active you are vs what you are eating on a regular basis.

*edit: fatcalc.com no longer allows for calculations that go well beyond the "acceptable" bmi range. smiley i just tried to update mine, and it wouldn't give me the calc to 400 lbs. smiley i guess too many of us fatties were using it for "unhealthy" purposes smiley
2 years

What is the best form of communication besides ff messages?

EmilyW:
Whispers through the funnel?

omg, i practically spit out my coffee when i read that - perfect!!!
2 years

How often do you weigh yourself?

just when i am curious, or something tells me that there might have been a change (like had to go to the next hole in my belt), etc.

i have been in relationships in the past where we scheduled weigh-ins, but i am not that motivated now.
2 years